Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,632 Posts
Here is mine. It arrived today. I have already removed the DA/SA and converted it to DAK. I also dropped in a 357sig barrel and installed new night sights. Sitting by its ride a Versa Max 2.

Font Metal Publication Motor vehicle Art

Reactions: 44bulld0g

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,632 Posts
how do you like the DAK... Not familiar with it
I know alot of people don't like it. I however love it. And most people that try one of mine likes it and I have a few that have gotten on GB and bought pistols with the DAK themselves after shooting mine.

For me the benefits are, a very clean trigger as compared to most non-modified strikers. A light trigger as compared to the normal DA pull of a traditional DA/SA. One pull to learn if you allow the trigger to fully reset. Plus the benefits of a hammer. Double strike, safer to reholster by letting your thumb sit on the hammer so you instantly know if something catches the trigger etc.
But that said some people don't like them. I am sure someone will quote me and try to argue something because some really hate them lol. Which whatever if they do, this is my opinion and why I really like them.

One of the things some people don't like is they try the trigger with the hammer forward after pulling the trigger the first time. They say why did it get so heavy? They all get the same explanation about the slide cycling putting the hammer into the safe notch and lightening the pull again. So when they dry fire it and cycle the slide then they see for themselves and usually really wanna shoot it. And like I said, some even go looking for one.

·
Registered
479 Posts
@italianstallion why did they ever stop??? any idea
Probably lack of SS vs. black 226/229 sales, especially in comparison to the 320/365 focus Sig is on right now, I know Sig will never discontinue their P-226/229 series for the forseeable future, they are still desirable DA/SA "higher end" reliable guns, way too many agencies and militaries around the world still using it, so Sig cannot shut down tooling and production on those models. The P229Pro/226Legion models are pretty highly demanded right now though.

The MasterShop in Germany made some breathtaking SS models, some of the nicest Sigs ever created IMO.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

21 - 40 of 45 Posts