Newbie with ?'s

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Battlescarred, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Battlescarred

Battlescarred

I read on another thread that fibre optic sights are not allowed in GSSF matches. Is this true? If so, can anybody tell me why? Not everybody's eyes are created equal. As long as you are not using any type of optics, I don't see the big deal. Bare with me before anybody goes ape*%$# on me. I am considering joining GSSF, but if I can't use sights that aid my eyesight, I don't see the point. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Barry

2. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

I can commiserate with you. I use HiViz sights for IDPA and USPSA because they work for my old eyes. Shoot GSSF--you can't use them in amateur classes because those are the rules.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The premise in GSSF is to bring shooters into competition without the need for special equipment, in other words using stock Glocks. There have been some items added to the list of permissable changes including aftermarket sights, as long as they are post and notch and non-fiber optic. My eyes suffer from age and it's certainly easier to use the Unlimited gun with a scope, but with a stock gun it's change my glasses and do my best. :) You can use your fiber optic sights in Unlimited but you will be shooting against scoped guns, probably not what you're looking for.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

GSSF feels that fiber optics provide an added advantage to the shooter. Their popularity seem to support this opinion. GSSF prefers to not start an equipment race in the stock categories, therefore they are only permitted in Masters/Unlimited category. Since Glocks are available from the factory with stock, adjustable, Meprolight, Trijicon and Glock night sights, GSSF does allow any similar notch-and post design, but prohibits express, fiber optic, laser and ghost ring sights. If you wish to compete for one of GSSF's many prizes, you must play by GSSF's rules.

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

we'll see you at Topton. lethal