close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Newbie with a Glock 30 Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gene Weeden, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Gene Weeden

Gene Weeden

I'm new to Glocks. It's the pistol's simplicity which attracts me. I'm interested in the Glock 30. Would you mind sharing your opinions on this model please?

Many thanks,

Gene

P.S. Pictures are most welcome/ Thank You!

2. michael e

michael e

Is this for carry or HD? Have you held one yet? I like mine. Carry the G29 which is same size just a 10mm.

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

G30 is a very good pistol and I enjoy it, but I usually prefer the G26 for carry as it is a bit smaller.

4. Rogue

Rogue X-MEN Millennium Member

Have owned two over the course of 12 years. It's my go-to carry weapon. It's accurate. It always goes bang. It's easy to clean. No jams, no frills, no bs. You should shoot a few hundred rounds through it before making any decisions though :).

And yes, it IS like carrying a brick, compared to the subcompacts out there. I'm ok with that.

5. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

I have a G29, which is the 10mm twin brother of the G30. I carry my G29 24/7, and absolutely love it. I have heard nothing but good about the G30. Some of the G30SFs had failure to return to battery issues, but the G30 is supposed to be perfect (I think the SFs have been fixed, though). It is supposed to be supremely accurate, and very soft shooting. And 10+1 in a compact .45ACP is awesome. You can also go with the 9 round flush magazines. The G30 will look identical to my G29 below, except the G30 with the 10 round magazine will have a different extension than the one I have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

G21SF and G29:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  6. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

what you need to tell your self what is the main porpose for the firearm. carry, home or both and then you can look at a model that fits

7. SCC

SCC just me

8. frankt

frankt

My G30 has been my main CCW gun for about five years. It is a great gun, accurate and surprisingly mild recoil.
    I tried two different IWB holsters including the CBST and while they worked OK, I just like OWB better. I have a Lobo GunLeather pancake holster that snaps on and off of the belt and I really like that feature.
    Since I OWB carry, I notice little difference in carrying the G30 or my G26 or G19.

I carry it with Federal HST and a G21 magazine loaded with the same for a spare.

It is a "can't go wrong" gun in my opinion.

9. guns54

guns54 toni

Welcome to GT.

10. GKC1

GKC1

I just bought a G30SF, intending to use it for car and home defense. I think it is a little bulky for IWB or pocket carry...but I have a couple of pistols for that role. I like the .45 ACP round, and I have several 1911s...but the Glock is one I will take in the car with me as well as keep in the night stand.

11. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello Gene, welcome to Glock Talk. :welcome:

I think the G30 is an excellent choice. We have two G30 pistols in our household (his and hers).

Click the G30SF 45ACP link in my signature line below to read more about the Glock 30/30SF 45ACP pistol. I think you'll find some useful information to add to your research and gain an even greater appreciation for this superb pistol.

12. bac1023

bac1023

13. Gene Weeden

Gene Weeden

Thanks for your welcomes. A few asked, "will this be used for carry?" Gosh, maybe some day. But for now, it'll just be a house gun, and something to take to the range once and a while. I've fired the full size Glock in .45 ACP. and I liked how it handled. But what draws me to this gun, is the all business look, which I think all Glocks seem to have. And like I've already said, the simplicity of the weapon. Thanks to those who shared pictures.

Gene:wavey:

14. vetmedglock30

vetmedglock30

<----- my EDC. I think it carries better than my G23. With the flush fitting magazine it conceals as well as the G26