Glock Talk banner

Newbie ?? What 9mm does a glock use exactly ?

5703 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Merkavaboy
Hi...Somethinzfishy here. First of all I am totally new to the whole firearm scene and have been spending months doing research into what a first handgun would be. I am 35 years old and my brother in law finally talked me into the whole thing. I am very interested in purchasing a G19 and everyone here seems to love them so my question is about that...
Ok dont kill me here but I have stupid newbie bullet question...
On glock.com when you look at the specs for models when you read the info on the G19 it says caliber is 9X19...Ok so its a 9mm...
But just for fun when I look up prices on ammo and what it is going to cost me to shoot I'm confused because there are 9mm " choices ".
9mm - 9mm 9X18 - 9mm Luger and a few more I think so....
As far as a G19 goes if I'm thinking about buying one and of course learning how to shoot the right way and have training at a ranger and all that......what caliber exactly does a glock 19 use because I'm confused ?
Is there the option of 9mm but with different lengths or something ?
Also for a beginner at a range learning the ins and out of the sport and target shooting what is a good round for a G19?
I am aware that th ranger guys say to come try out different guns before making a final decision so I get that but Geeeeeezzzzz these G19's look so darn nifty !!!
But again and please excuse the long windedness what exactly does a G19 use - round wise ??
Thanks
- Somethinzfishy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somethinzfishy here again. Thanks so much for the info...greatly appreciated. I have been donig so much research on Glocks and frankly all those youtube videos are great fun to see how and what people shoot in the way of glocks but as said being as I'm a newb I really did not understand what was meant when there were different varieties of 9mm shown as options. Then when the glock specs stated that the G19 was a 9X19 I was thinking " Ok so we have to purchase rounds that are measured a certain way ?" I am one step one of 166 steps so this all helps alot.
I'm going to get the California Handgun Safety Certificate then after that hopefully a G19 then its off to the range and lessons..
Thanks for the Clarification folks...greatly appreciated !
- Fishy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.