Newbie question on primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Roering, Jan 28, 2010.

1. kcbrown

kcbrown

I searched for primer glue at Midway but I didn't get any hits.

Is there a huge primer glue shortage as a result of Obama's election? Anyone know when it's likely to come back into stock anywhere?

:rofl:

2. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

'Primer glue' is included in the same category as 'nose oil', the difference being 'nose oil' is obtained by rubbing a finger across the corner of the nose and lip... 'primer glue' is obtained by swirling a Q-Tip deep into the ear canal.

As an experienced loader I am more than a bit surprised that you are not aware of this basic procedure.

May I suggest rereading your copies of the ABC's of Reloading and Lyman's 49th. This time spend less time on the pictures and more time on the text.

As always, I am here to help. :whistling:

Jack

3. kcbrown

kcbrown

Ah, well, you see, these days everything's been commercialized and packaged for sale.

For instance, believe it or not, they actually sell bullets these days. Can you believe it?

But I must say I have the deepest respect for people who are self-sufficient enough to make their own bullets and obtain their own primer glue. :whistling:

Well, there's "experienced" as in "have reloaded a few thousand rounds" and then there's "experienced" as in "started reloading for muskets because the American Revolution sent factory ammo prices sky high"...

I think you're confusing me for the latter. But I must say, I'm honored that you would even consider me a possible member of your elite group! :wavey:

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a copy of the 1765 edition of ABC's, and the library seems to have lost their copy...

Oh, and I think you meant Lyman's 4th, which I'm ashamed to say I haven't got, either. An understandable typo, of course...

And that help is much appreciated!

Speaking of which, could you tell us again how you guys back in the day managed to deal with crimped primer pockets when reloading for your muskets?

:supergrin:

4. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

5. dudel

dudel

Don't help me out. You're not doing "research"; you are asking to be spoon fed. When C4W gave you the answer, the proper response is "Thank you".

Strange technique you have for asking for hjelp. I'll bet your attitude doesn't get you many answers here. You're off to a great start.

6. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

No need for primer glue, if your primers are under sized just get a primer swager.

Bob

7. dudel

dudel

Here ya go! http://markroncustomgunproducts.com/

Kinda glues em in. Who needs a stinking priming tool? Get loose pockets then just push em in with you finger. Works, kinda. :supergrin:

8. kcbrown

kcbrown

Hmm...it's kinda silent on how to mount it to the press, though... :dunno: :supergrin:

9. OgenRwot

OgenRwot Politico

If that's all you shoot it's probably not worth the start up cost.

10. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

It a waste of money... I simply slip a few bottles of clear nail polish in my pocket while I'm getting my weekly manicure. :whistling:

Jack

11. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Or just get a single stage setup. That would be cheap. BUT, you have to buy/have a bench, space, etc. It would take 2 years to get your money back on a LCT setup. To me thats still worth it.