Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
USN, Retired
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just loaded (or attempted to load) four 10 round mags for my first G27 shoot at the local range. Boy was that a chore - don't think my right thumb will recover for a few days! I have the +1 extensions on them but was only able to get the 10th round in one of the four. I did use the factory-supplied loading "tool". I realize a certain amount of magazine spring tension is required, but does it get any easier as the spring gets "broken in"?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Leave them loaded for some time. The .40's for some reason are a real pain to load. After time they loosen up.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Leave them loaded for some time. The .40's for some reason are a real pain to load. After time they loosen up.
+ 1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
The G26 G27 sub-compacts use the same mag spring as the G19 G23, makes them harder to load but I doubt you'll ever need to replace them.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I've had my G 27 for over 3 yrs now. My mags are always loaded since day one, and I still can't get the last round in the mag that came with it. Even creased one round trying.

·
That's a Bingo!
4,527 Posts
Load and Unload a few times and that ought to do it.

·
more ammo
1,486 Posts
I just treat them like 9-round mags.

if I can't get #15 in a "15-round" mag....... it's a 14-round mag.

·
Oompa Loompa
686 Posts
I just treat them like 9-round mags.

if I can't get #15 in a "15-round" mag....... it's a 14-round mag.
this is what I do..

I have one 27 mag with the Scherer +1 extension that will take 10 easy, and one mag with the pearce +1 that will only take 9..I am goin to eventually change all my mags over to the Schere +1.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had trouble getting the 10th (last) round in mags for a G30. I use an Uplula (~$35) to load my 9mm's. I set the Uplula over the 9th round in the mag and give it a little "chop" with the off hand to seat those rounds already in the mag. Then the 10th round popped right in. Somehow, the "chop" crunches the springs past whatever is holding them up. Also, I only had to do this once on each mag (so far).

Dan in ABQ

·
Banned
2,733 Posts
I only load 12 into my 13 round G23 mags because often times I can't even get the damn thing to chamber the first round when its full loaded.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had trouble getting the 10th (last) round in mags for a G30. I use an Uplula (~$35) to load my 9mm's. I set the Uplula over the 9th round in the mag and give it a little "chop" with the off hand to seat those rounds already in the mag. Then the 10th round popped right in. Somehow, the "chop" crunches the springs past whatever is holding them up. Also, I only had to do this once on each mag (so far).

Dan in ABQ
Sounds like this is a common problem.
I see you use the Uplula...do it work as well as the claims and the video?

·
Registered
123 Posts
hate to say this but Man Up.....other than that, like everyone has said...keep your mags loaded as long as possible....I went to a two week firearms training and hand loaded my mags with over 2000 rounds...no speed loaders.....my thumb muscles look like they are on roids.....you just get use to it......

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have Pearce +1 extensions on my G27 mags. I find that I can get 10 rounds in the mags (the last one is still pretty hard). However, I then find that it is very difficult to rack the slide with 10 rounds in the mag. The only easy way to do it is to have the slide locked back when I insert and lock the mag. Then, I release the slide and it loads the round.

Ken

·
USN, Retired
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Turns out the range rules are no loaded mags unless on the line, so I had to unload and re-load all four. I reloaded the "hard" way without the factory loader and found out it was actually a snap - must have been my style! The heck with using the loader going forward! Putting 100 rounds down range was a blast (literally)! :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts