Newbie question about Gen 3/4 grips

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Alden2, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Alden2

Alden2

So, I noticed they all have these finger grooves. I picked up a sub-compact the other day and the grooves felt a little too close together for my fingers on my semi-large hand (it's not really at all above average in size for a man).

Are they all spaced exactly the same, or are they a little farther apart on the full sized models? Cause, if they are all this close, it almost seems as though the grips were designed for a woman's hand, or a man with fairly petite hands.

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

They are all different sizes, I can comfortably carry and shoot the G26 and G17 frames, but I cannot comfortably carry the G19 with my large fingers.

3. GRR

GRR

Just compared my G17, G21sf and G38 and they all look like they are spaced the same. I don't have a subcompact though. Butch, how about a picture with 3 sizes side by side looking at the grooves head on?

4. Alden2

Alden2

So, I have one guy says they are all the same, another that says they are all different.

Does anybody out there know who's right and who's wrong?

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Having actually measured mine, center to center they are the same on the G19, 26, 36, 30, and Gen4 G22. Subcompact, compact, full size.. same spacing.

6. Alden2

Alden2

7. vista461

vista461

Weird because Gen 3 G22 and G23 feel different to me. The G22 feels like it was made for my hand and the G23 feels like it's more cramped