close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Newbie, maybe dumb to some

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by maggie, Jul 22, 2006.

1. maggie

maggie

Is a g23 with lone wolf 9mm barrel and related correct mags a "stock"
    pistol. also 5lb connector only, right?

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

This is not a dumb question at all. To shoot in GSSF stock you would need a Glock factory barrel, not an off brand like Wolf or barsto (spelling) or any other barrel. These are known as after market parts and wouldn't fly for competition. Now, you can get a 3.5 connector put on your G23 and it is still "legal" and considered stock.

If you get a Glock barrel, you can enter Amateur Civilian or Am. Guardian (this divison if you're military, law enforcement, emt, firefighter or retired from any of those listed), Competition division, Master Stock or Maste unlimited.

If you shoot your G23 with the Lonewolf barrel, you'd have to enter the Master Unlimited division only for it to be legal.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject and makes sense. Good luck and enjoy shooting your G23.

3. JonInWA

JonInWA

I agree with Glockess56 with one caveat; regarding the 3.5lb connector, it must be a GLOCK part, not an aftermarket one. To find out exactly what's kosher, check out the rules at www.gssfonline.com.

Best, Jon

4. oopsies

oopsies

So a Glock installed with a Glock 3.5 connector is still considered stock?

5. Ghost361

Ghost361

As long as it is a glock oem part you are gold. And you can shhot any division with the 3.5 then.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Since Glock does not make a conversion barrel for the G23, you would have to shoot it as a .40 as designed if you wish to shoot as an amateur.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

And you definitely want to shoot as an amateur, because that's where the prizes are. As far as prizes, you would be better off coming in dead last in amateur civilian than 4th in master unlimited.

8. maggie

maggie

I've looked at the original connector and the 3.5 connector, (purchased and installed by a glock dealer) and I know about the plus and minus marks on the connectors, but I don't see any Glock trade mark or logo, the bag it came in is plain too. Have I got a made in china connector (lol)

9. Ghost361

Ghost361

As long as it is the same color as the factory you should be fine I do not believe there is anything on the factory connector that would differentiate it. I know most of the after market ones ie Sherer and Ghost put a name on theirs.