close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

newbie here

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by gunfool, Aug 24, 2004.

1. gunfool

gunfool

Bogs,

If I were into IPSC what gun (brand) can you guys recommend? First, let me tell you that this is my first try so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg as am not yet sure if I will get myself hook into this sport.

Actually, I got plan of taking an Armscor cal. 40 in the next couple of months. Did I get the right choice? Your comments and suggestions please. Thanks ;c

2. jasonub

jasonub

ok yan armscor 40. good luck and welcome to bogs

3. paltik45

paltik45

I've been in to the same pair of shoes before KABAYAN. I think its a good path but be sure to testfire it at least 300 to 400 rounds and check the possible problems. Because if you gonna bring it to a smith right away without testfiring it. They will tell you that your gun needs to be this and needs to have that. That will save you time and money. (Lalo na kung kay ART LANTIN mo dadalhin yan siguradong pati bahay mo maisasanla mo ng di oras). I am sure a lot people will chime in here in a short while. WELCOME KABAYAN;f

4. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Ala eh Welcome! Ayos na ayos na iyan for an IPSC gun. Hintay mo pa inputs ni McOliver. Ganda ng Armscor nya (flagship pa yata nila Col. Bayang).

5. cznayr

cznayr Dis-member

Just called my friend, their .40 is A-ok.. No negative feedback form recent buyers.. So if you're comfortable with the .40 go for it.. Itayo natin ang bandera ng .40 hehe ;)

6. juramentado

juramentado

why is .40 the required caliber for IPSC? sorry but I'm a newbie too..

7. jasonub

jasonub

40 is the minimum caliber to make major ipsc rulebook

8. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

You can also start in IPSC production. You can get a CZ or Glock ready to rock out of the box. ;f

9. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Cheapest entry is to get a Glock 17 or CZ. 9mm makes you competitive in Production. Get an Uncle Mikes holster at pouches and you're ready to race. ;)

If you want the 40cal route, Armscor is the practical choice. However, try not to get the factory stock pistol kasi medyo sakit sa ulo paganahin. Unless you have the extra cash to have it customized, you'd be better off buying a 2nd hand Armscor in 40cal na nagamait na sa competition at usually mey kasama ng marami'ng mags. ;)

Good luck.

10. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

i agree with MC_O. the "niner" is a good "first bang". medyo malupit sa kamay at sa bulsa ang .40 ;N welcome to the BoG's!

11. bulm540

bulm540

More rounds in the mags, ,more consistent recoil and most of all cheap once fired brass.

12. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

the .40 also allows you to score "major"--5 for Alpha, 4 for Bravo and Charlie, 2 for Delta hits. this is assuming your ammo meets "chrono" or the "major" power factor.

13. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

Tawaran mo yung .40 pistol ni Mc_O! It is practically brand new! All premium parts, 4 mags (19 rds) na!

(psst! bossing! yung komisyon ko ha!?!)
    ;e

14. 9MX

9MX Rei!

but you'd never go wrong with a cz-75, 85b or 85 Combat (if you're a lefty like me)

mikey177 is selling his hardly used CZ, the deal is sweet! Look it up at the buy and sell thread.

or as advised to me when i was shopping for a gun, try firing the pistols that you like. kung saan ka hiyang doon ka. but if you wanna compete in standard division 1911 .40 ka, in production 9mm ang recommended;)

15. vega

vega

gunfool - Welcome to the forum!;c

If you like the 1911 flatform get the 40SW. I'm sure after you get it you'll do add ons. Better to do major in standard division. I made a mistake of getting 1911 in 9mm, after a while I stop competing with it and bought me a G19.

One thing for sure though, whatever you decide for now, it will not stop there.

vega

16. casmot

casmot Re membered

Everythings been said and I have nothing to add except, WELCOME to BoGs!!! ;F

17. 9MX

9MX Rei!

translation: you will become an addict like them;f

;a

18. gunfool

gunfool

Bro thanks for the welcome and your input as well.

19. gunfool

gunfool

First, thanks for the welcome. Although my plan is to have it customized but of course I'll test fire it naman muna. Maybe up to 200 rounds of factory ammo then 200 reloads from the range. Bro, By reading the forum for quite sometime am almost certain who's the go to smith. am pretty sure my gun will only go to the colonel or metrillo maybe :)

20. gunfool

gunfool

9MX:

addicted?

yeah maybe! adik pa mandin ako sa amoy ng pulbura. ewan ko ba napakabango para sa akin noon.

CASMOT:

Thanks bro sa welcome mo.

VEGA:

I really like 1911 flatform, I find it easy to shoot compared to a DA. Thanks for the warm welcome as well Bro.

cheers,
    jun