Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I´m a shooter and, since this year, a hunter from Southwest-Germany.
About an hour away from Austria, motherland of the Glock.

My first big bore handgun was a Glock 17, somewhat 25ish years ago.
Form there on I was first a precision shooter, began with dynamic shooting, ended up in IPSC competition shooting, then shot just for fun, now I made my hunting license.

So, after over 20 years, the circle closes somehow, I´m coming back to Glock, having a Glock 31 as a backup hunting gun.

With come and go I had more than 25 firearms and still have some.
I´m a reloader since 20 years and a bullet maker about ten years.

I hope I can bring in a new perspective for some of you, and do also hope to learn some from you guys.

We´ll read us,
cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome from CA (Central Alabama) -- spent 4 Air Force years @ Bitburg -- loved the tour. About halfway thru a 1.5L Mosel Reisling so I guess I have some German blood.

·
A swamp dude
12,505 Posts
Greetings from southwest Florida. I visited your country many years ago but learned nothing about firearm laws, shooting for self defense and fun, hunting or the attitude about gun ownership among the German people. You have much to share with us. Nice to have you!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
cool ... I love me some Austrian women and beer... and also some sausages......share me some good sights from around you and what is your prefered beer.... and welcome. share some knowledge along your stay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello guys,
thank you for your warm welcome.

My prefered beer is the Paulaner Hefeweizen naturtrüb.

If you like your beer a bit more bitter, go with Rothaus Tannenzäpfle.

I´m not in Bavaria, but in Baden, at the rims of the Black Forest.
Freiburg is the next city.

Friedrichshafen, about one hour from my village.

Sigmaringen, just next to Stetten where I served in the Bundeswehr as a Panzerjäger (tank hunter) some decades ago.
We should decimate the tank horde from the Eastern block.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts