Newbie Certified Glock Armorer needs advice

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gunlawyer, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Gunlawyer

Gunlawyer

Hi folks:

I completed Glock Armorer School last Thursday! What a great class! I learned so much!

Anyway, it is time for me to place my first parts order to Glock to establish my parts inventory. First, I am a civilian associated with a local Glock Stocking Dealer. That said, I would like some advice on what parts I should make sure I have on hand, which ones to have a pile of, which ones are rarely needed, etc.

So...if you were to set up you start up parts inventory from scratch, what would you include? I deeply appreciate your time helping me on this!

2. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I'm not an armorer but I wish you good luck figuring out what you'll need in the future. Every time I've ever tried to predict what parts I might need (automotive) I find that I rarely need the ones I already have, but almost never have the ones I REALLY need!

Maybe it's just me......

3. TEAK

TEAK 1*

i am not a glock armorer but i will chime in with my .02. i would stock up on things like 3.5lb triggers, extended slides releases and mag releases. triggers assemblies things like that. maybe even a barrel or two.

4. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

I say all the above +:

- All springs, i.e., magazine, trigger, striker, slide lock, etc, etc… all of them
    - All mag parts, i.e., followers, floor plates, etc, etc… all of them
    - Extra mags are always a pretty good seller… not that you couldn’t have purchased them without the GA certification, but I do believe they’ll be cheaper for you now.
    - I'd toss in a few standard slide stops as well
    - Recoil rod assemblies

I must say however, you’ll probably not get to do too much, so I’d concentrate on the factory mods mostly like listed above…

5. VN350X10

VN350X10

Chris,
    Cograts...
    I'm not a "certified" but I've done maint. for several PD's thru the shops that I've worked for & a LOT of competition mods.
    The part I've seen broken most is the trigger reset spring. A total of 2 of them in about 6 yrs & a couple of thousand Glocks!
    I'd suggest a striker (1) for each frame size,
    a trigger assy (1) for each frame size,
    a dozen striker springs
    a few sets of striker spring cups (they don't break, but they get lost real easily)
    misc. mag springs, 1 ea of takedown springs (per frame), mag baseplate retainer plates (several, ea size).
    Think about what parts an owner can easily lose, & what the most common model is in your area.
    I wouldn't stock any of the oddball G36 only parts, not much call.
    Also, customers will want 3 1/2# connecters (Glock oem ARE best) & oem extended slide stops (G34&35 type) are nice.
    For competition guns, you might want to stock Wolff reduced power striker springs, but I only suggest them on small frame guns. They sometimes don't work well with large primers (10MM & .45ACP)

good luck

uncle albert
    ps talk to Matt @ Custom Glock Racing on competition guns. He's a wealth of knowledge (just don't ask for "secrets")

u.a.

6. badasp

badasp

E-mail me and I'll send you the list that I started with....

badasp
    Glock and Sig armorer
    Kansas LEO

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Even though you are now a CGS, Glock, Inc. Of Smyrna, GA will not sell you 3.5# connectors. I suggest a few:

trigger springs
    Slide lock springs
    Slide stop levers

8. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

Even though the G34/G35 come standard with them? What happens if a GA has to replace a 3.5 connector on one of those… lets say an owner tried to tweak it & ended up wrecking it?

9. Mark IV

Mark IV

Being a Glock Armorer and actually having this happen to me one time, Glock will tell you to send the G34 or 35 to them and they will replace it at the factory.

10. VN350X10

VN350X10

Given the fact that many suppliers sell the 3.5# part, that seems a bizzare (but corporate, legal bean counter) solution.

uncle albert

11. APOLLO

APOLLO IDPA Member

Chris you should ask this question to walterGA he is a certified armorer of many gun manufacturers.

12. G21-30

G21-30

N/A - I replied before reading the other posts.

13. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

I am not a certified armorer, but I can tell what parts were replaced in about 175,000 rounds of competitive shooting. Recoil spring assembles, striker springs and mag springs, they all get weak. Trigger reset springs, they sometimes break. Extractors, sometimes will chip. Spring cups, and safety plunger springs, you will loose a couple. Trigger pins, frame pins, stock slide stops, anything else you should order...