Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"You don't get what you don't ask for."
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to firearms in general. Just finished taking one of our local CPL Classes and went through the registration process. Now I wait.

While I wait, I've been back to the place where I took the class and bought my first handgun, a G43 with night sight. It fits me perfectly. The next day, I hit the range and was more than thrilled with my ability to use it. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I think I went through close to 150 rounds. Given how pricey these can get, I hopped online and scouted for the best online deals to purchase bulk. I'm now waiting for my first and likely not my last 1000 round delivery: Browning and Remington 9mm FMJ.

The only down side I've found with the purchase is the lack of accessories. I bought a CC holster that I really like and I can't wait to have a chance to use it when I'm out and about. Nowadays, I run errands mostly during the days on weekends but at least with the CPL, I'll feel safer if I need to run out at night. My neighborhood is known for being safe as is the general area where I live, but last summer there was a theft only a few houses down the street from us near the dead end. It really got me thinking.

I have an Engineering background so technical stuff doesn't scare me and it's probably one of the reasons why I'm such a fast learning with anything technical. I'm also a very safety oriented person and always looking out for people and their safety. Yes, I'm one of 'those' people. :)

I hope I get a chance to learn from those of you who have contributed to the community. I've had some great experiences with car-fanatic forums but now, I turn my attention to a new found interest and likely, a life long, possibly life-saving subject.

If you'd care to correspond through the messaging system, feel free to drop a message any time. I love meeting new people.

Be safe everyone!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Welcome from the west coast! Where abouts are ya?

·
JAFO
4,585 Posts
Welcome

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,763 Posts
Enjoy GT.............:welcome:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to firearms in general. Just finished taking one of our local CPL Classes and went through the registration process. Now I wait.

While I wait, I've been back to the place where I took the class and bought my first handgun, a G43 with night sight. It fits me perfectly. The next day, I hit the range and was more than thrilled with my ability to use it. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I think I went through close to 150 rounds. Given how pricey these can get, I hopped online and scouted for the best online deals to purchase bulk. I'm now waiting for my first and likely not my last 1000 round delivery: Browning and Remington 9mm FMJ.

The only down side I've found with the purchase is the lack of accessories. I bought a CC holster that I really like and I can't wait to have a chance to use it when I'm out and about. Nowadays, I run errands mostly during the days on weekends but at least with the CPL, I'll feel safer if I need to run out at night. My neighborhood is known for being safe as is the general area where I live, but last summer there was a theft only a few houses down the street from us near the dead end. It really got me thinking.

I have an Engineering background so technical stuff doesn't scare me and it's probably one of the reasons why I'm such a fast learning with anything technical. I'm also a very safety oriented person and always looking out for people and their safety. Yes, I'm one of 'those' people. :)

I hope I get a chance to learn from those of you who have contributed to the community. I've had some great experiences with car-fanatic forums but now, I turn my attention to a new found interest and likely, a life long, possibly life-saving subject.

If you'd care to correspond through the messaging system, feel free to drop a message any time. I love meeting new people.

Be safe everyone!

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Welcome to GT.

·
Life is good
3,133 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
"You don't get what you don't ask for."
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi everyone! Thanks! I've already been learning a ton from all of you. I'm glad I found this place.

Safe shooting!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts