New York State and buying ammo online??

Discussion in 'Local Glock Forums' started by matt s, Feb 12, 2018.

1. matt s

matt s

i live in NYS and we have the safe gun act here now. some of it was repealed and some changed. i want to buy some ammo online and am getting diferant answers from people.. there is no back ground check as i know for buying ammo any more in the safe gun act but its questionable if you can buy ammo direct or if you have to go though a gun dealer when buying ammo online. can i buy ammo online and have it delivered to my home???

2. rlacrossjr

rlacrossjr

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has agreed to suspend plans for background checks for ammunition sales in New York and allow internet sales of ammunition, changing part of the NY Safe Act, according to state Sen. James Seward.

So it depends if the seller updated to include this info or you have to pay a FFL fee for them to send it and go get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. matt s

matt s

i talked with a good source and i do live in ny state. no back ground check on ammo but you do have to go though a ffl lic dealer to buy ammo online, have it delivered to them and then get it. i found a dealer that would only charge $10 no matter how much ammo i bought online

4. Jaywmustang

Jaywmustang

There is one place that I know of that is still ship to your residence. Look on some ny related gun forum.