New York help

Discussion in 'Local Glock Forums' started by fatboy2005, Feb 22, 2009.

1. fatboy2005

fatboy2005

Hi,
    Getting back into shooting since the kids grew up. I have had my permit since 1976,,ya, when they gave out paper, and then paper supplements for every gun I bought, Anyway, went down to get another supp for my first ever glock 19, they send me the credit card permit, on the back, they don't have the first gun i ever bought, and they also have a gun I sold years ago to a dealer?
    Anyone else have this problem? I figure I have to call up the sheriffs dept, I am just nervous they are going to give me Sh##. Anybody have this problem, and have to deal with it?

Thanks

2. matt s

matt s

yes, i did. when i moved from albany county to Rensselaer County and changed over albany county never took off 2 guns i sold. had to go to the one gun store to get the receipt for the sale to get it removed, the other one i had the receipt and information for the guy i sold it too. funny, we both had the same gun on our permits as soul owners and nys didn't catch that.

3. RSCamaro

RSCamaro

I may be wrong but I believe that each County Sheriffs department holds its own list of pistols on permit. Otherwise the State Police would be the controllers of the permit process.
    ...Ron