New York AG Letitia James Tells NYPD to End Traffic Stops & Arrests for Active Warrants

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by cbetts1, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Out West

Out West Just lack finishing up

Respect Sir, you are referencing the great State of New York's Attorney General.

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Then I guess that makes her chief idiot.

3. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

I think it is great! :animlol:

James.jpg

Scott1970 and Squid1 like this.
  4. Squid1

Squid1

How about we end licensing cars because that would mean no stops fir no tags? Oh yeah, too much state revenue in license sales. Dumb woman! She would benefit from dozens of ride-alongs with cops (although we’d have to bonus the cops and issue barf bags.)

pgg00 and cbetts1 like this.
  5. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

If you don't want to get beat or killed by the police, dont resist. Very simple, but these thugs can't understand that. Do you really think they are that stupid?

tuica and PhotoFeller like this.
  6. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I think they are stupid, perpetually pissed off and culturally trained to despise authority. They are 'wired' to resist police without consideration of the consequences.

Aljames likes this.
  7. L-1

L-1

Actually, this kind of thinking has been going on for a long time.

23 years ago I got decked by a drunken attorney who I was trying to eject from a concert. It took six officers and half a can of pepper spray to subdue him. I sustained a concussion and a herniated disk in my neck.

His trial took place in what was regarded as a hang em and throw the body under the courthouse county, yet it resulted in a hung jury. Afterward, the prosecutor asked some of the jurors why they were hung and they explained that many thought this was a case of self defense. The prosecutor pointed out that the suspect testified on the stand that he was never in fear of his life or safety and asked what the jurors thought he was defending himself against. They said they thought he was in fear of having to go to jail, and defending himself from this was justifiable.

8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

This ain’t the fire department...

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pgg00 and Dukeboy01 like this.
  9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

You guys don’t get it, police are professionals, they can be expected to follow policy to deescalate. Criminals are not subject to those policies, so you can’t force them to deescalate, so it’s up to the police to make adjustments to accommodate them when they escalate. The thought is they will get tired sooner or later and go to sleep.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. fastbolt

fastbolt

Easy. Have the state change the law to make it unlawful for peace officers to make traffic enforcement stops. Problem solved.

Take it a step further, if you want to be sure ... Remove the authority for the courts to even issue bench warrants for all "minor" offenses. Problem really solved.

Might as well take those pesky laws for "minor" public offenses off the books, while you're at it, right? Now, there's never going to be anymore problems ... right?

Why haven't these simple solutions been tried before??

:rolleyes:

Give the NYS AG's idea a fair chance. Stop making all traffic stops and attempting service of all BW's for at least 6 months. Remove the fear supposedly felt by some members of the Public caused by being stopped and arrested. See how the violence against the Public by police declines ... when those members of the Public are no longer unfairly put in situations where they feel they must submit to police stopping them, and resisting police trying to arrest them. :rolleyes:

PhotoFeller, steveksux and pgg00 like this.
  11. Ollies930

Ollies930

I think that criminals should be able to notify the police when and where they are going to strike and what their escape route is going to be, so that police can stay away and there will be no chance of an accidental run in, where the poor criminals are forced to shoot at the police. Democratic beaurocracy at its finest.

12. RocPO

RocPO

While I know you're being facetious, to those who aren't aware, POLICY requires I de-escalate. NYS LAW requires THE SUSPECT not escalate.

I'll expound on AG "Tish" later. After my BP drops slightly.

steveksux and Ohio Cop like this.
  13. jk_226

jk_226

Not arresting for arrest warrants is insane. The court issued a warrant essentially commanding the police to make a arrest. There's not much room for discretion there.

upload_2020-9-29_6-40-23.jpeg

Dragoon44 likes this.
  14. DAKA

DAKA

SHOCKING...I say.... Hey NYS where do you find these NUT CASES, I thought that was only CALIFORNIA

15. Scott1970

Scott1970

Burn!

16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I don't get it, if they decide to resist at first, and that decision is reinforced by deescalation/negotiation, what incentive is there to ever comply when were enabling them all along?

Has anyone ever tried deescalation long enough to get a non compliant subject to comply and get into cuffs willingly?

Don't get be wrong, it's a great technique to be able to say I tried, but at the end of the day had no alternative but to use force to effect the arrest...

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  17. texmex

texmex

So after they have told everyone to "just hand over the money" in the event of a robbery, and the police quit responding to robberies because it might result in violence, why would anybody ever pay for anything in a store again? So you go to Walmart, fill your cart with groceries, jewelry, clothes, electronics, etc. then go to the check out lane and tell the clerk to put all the money from the cash register in the basket also. Then go out to the parking lot and carjack you a ride home. I can see it now. Go to the drive through at Burger King and tell them, give me my Whopper and all the money from the register. And tell that cute girl behind you to come get in my car RIGHT NOW! How long would these stores stay in business? If we stop serving misdemeanor warrants (like we already have due to Covid-19) why would anyone ever stop for a stop sign, drive the speed limit or pay a traffic ticket? If there are no penalties and no enforcement, is it Anarchy, Animal Farm or Darwin in action? Like there are not enough traffic fatalities already. Let's ignore the violators and the drunk drivers. I'm buying stock in wrecker companies, body shops and funeral homes and selling my stock in insurance companies and retail businesses.

BOOSTED12A likes this.
  18. fx77

fx77 CLM

Pass the Bar??

Probably she never passed a BAR in her life!

19. cherokeewarrior

cherokeewarrior NRA Life Member

It's really very simple, repeal all the laws and crime goes to ZERO!

No further need for police of any kind!

Result: Just what the libs want.....chaos so they can then institute harsh central control over every aspect of the lives of whoever remains alive.

Dragoon44 likes this.
  20. Taz

Taz

So when do we start a defund the DA movement. It seems like with all the dint respond, don’t arrest and simply stand there with your thumb up your butt requests these DA’s are making, why do we need to pay them and their lofty staff salaries? Who are they going to prosecute?