close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New XD-45 GAP

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Vault Keeper, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

2. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Something is weird... I opened that thread 2 times. And it keeps opening to www.microsoft.com, even though the link says something else...

3. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

4. ShipWreck

Yes, it works now.

Seems that everyone is coming out w/ green models now...

The XD just never hit me as a gun I want...

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

[​IMG]
    If the 45GAP arrives here, i want that G39. ^7

6. New_comer

New_comer

I'll pass...

What would I do with a round that's just the ballistic equivalent of the old 45ACP? IIRC, the GAP was supposed to have been a pocket rocket round to enable them to design the grip of a new subcompact 45 to be more 9/40'ish, and would have proven much easier for those with small hands who want a larger caliber. That did not happen, unfortunately. What they ended up with is a 45 with greater operating pressures - increasing the likelihood of kB's.

But Taurus seems to have tamed the 45 with a gun now relatively free from the earlier polymer failure problems - the Millenium PT145, and with a great grip design. But that's another story...

Just my 2 centavos ;)

7. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

If the 45GAP arrives here, i want that G39.

------------------------------\\

that way, your shells would be complete because the karingal badboys wouldn't care keeping them ;e ;f

8. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

"...enable them to design the grip of a new subcompact 45 to be more 9/40'ish" - well, they were able to do that.

"...easier for those with small hands who want a larger caliber" - that's covered also.

"...ended up with is a 45 with greater operating pressures" - the 45GAP operates at the same pressure as the 45ACP, the 45GAP shells are even built-up for higher pressure.

Actually, i only want that G39 since i can't have it. ;f

9. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Just like the 357sig ammo, I don't think you'll have enough to actually put the gun through it's paces.

10. New_comer

New_comer

Guess I've not been paying attention to new developments in the pistol field... Glock's 37/38/39 models prove it could be done as they intended the GAP ammo to do. Well, good for them. ^c

And, more products for us 'pistoleros' to choose from. Though I would have to agree with bos mc_o, they may find it difficult for the round to carve a niche in the Philippines' market. Like the 357sig, it could end up only as an 'exotic' alternative. ;)

11. zorkd

zorkd

hmm, yeah i will probably pass on buying a .45 gap gun too, though the concept is indeed worthy of consideration, a .45 acp gun in glock 26 size would be really sweet i'll say.

batangueno, thank you for the offer to assist should i join the dog steel match, i'm still trying to put together a decent rig and seeing if my schedule will work, i'll keep in touch, thank you again.

12. Scott Kay

Scott Kay

I have a G27 and I also have great interest in the G39. But because I really like the XD grip ergonomics (my brother has an XD9), I wanted to at least see whether Springfield was making the XD compact/subcompact in .45GAP. Does anyone know?

13. ShipWreck

Yes, they are. If you check their website, you will see that this is the new, hot item they are pushing

14. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Hi Scott Kay, Springfield indeed have one already, this is how this thread started...;a

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-45gap.shtml

But if your from the Philippines, sorry not yet in this part of the world...

15. Scott Kay

Scott Kay

Thanks for the replies and the link. I viewed SA's website and all I see in 45GAP are 4" and 5" models ... No 3" Subcompact. But I do see the 3" in 9mm and .40. AM I just missing it?