close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Weapon-Mounted-Light for Subcompact Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DTakas, Nov 14, 2006.

1. DTakas

DTakas

I think most of you guys are familiar with armalaser. They make some unique lasers (most popular it seems for kel-tecs). Anyway I was thinking since their lasers mount without modification to guns without a rail the same kind of system would be ideal for a weapon mounted light for the subcompact glocks. I went to their request new product page ( www.armalaser.com/request_model.asp ) and sent them an e-mail telling them my idea for a small tac light instead of a laser for the sub compact glocks They replied back saying

“Hi,

We do have a prototype made for a tac light for the G26/27/33. Works very
    well. If we have enough requests like yours we will make it. You may
    want to try posting this on a forum and getting people to go to our request
    page.

Thanks,
    Rick”

So if anyone else is interested send them an e-mail and who knows maybe we will have one more product in the tactical toolbox for our glocks.

(P.S. I am in no way affiliated with armalaser. I just wanted to do my part to make the world a better place by trying to bring one more gun-related product into existence.)

2. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Hmmm... Are we to believe that curiosity and enthusiasm alone motivates you? :eyebrow:

Suppose we prefer to be mere tourists to the process of development? :eyelashes:

Or, better still, we can lamely try to evoke the lynch mob, or witch hunt mentality! :devildance:

Perhaps, the herd instinct will ensue? :holysheep:

Should we admonish you for your effort, and out-of-the-box thinking? :ack:

I think not! :thumbsup:

--Ray

4. DTakas

DTakas

I’m really not sure how to take that. I do realize my post count on this forum is particularly small (I'm new to this forum and more of a lurker than poster) and that may cause suspicion, but the only way I stand to benefit is to be able to purchase a product that I want and currently does not exist. I also realize not everyone will like the idea either. Not everyone thinks lights are a relevant civilian accessory and not everyone would want to add bulk to their subcompact but those not interested need not bother. Sure I'd like to see it get produced because I'd like to be able to buy one. I'm just passing on relevant information on a relevant topic. I'm not asking for donations or anything just that if others are interested that they let the company know.

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

I'm sorry... :sorry:

Just a pet rant that I have... :rant:

You'll no doubt understand in time. :sigh:

My reply was praise, all praise, pure and simple! :wavey:

I admire a person of positive action! :thumbsup:

And yes, the accessories for the compacts are limited... :agree:

I did see a guide rod light once, not a laser--a light. But unlike a laser, a light, to be useful, requires a minimum area of reflector/lens to throw the beam. Otherwise you get key chain light performance... :sad:

I think you're on the right track, and I admire your approach! ;)

--Ray

6. cphilip

cphilip

Being as how the Armalaser unit mounts to the front of the Trigger guard and could be wide enough to put a larger lens onto it if designed it "could" be large enough of a beam to do something with. But it would need to be confined to the width of the gun to be holsterable. And even then need a compatable holster. It would definately need a master on off switch as well.

It's doable I think.

It's way more doable than trying to do something with a system like the Laser Max. Which is confined to the small tube it sits in. Although that would be sweet, it's just not going to do much more than a pen light would do. So unfortunately a Laser Max sort of set up is probably not practical.

7. thisone

thisone Glock addict CLM

I am currently using a LaserMax guide rod and spring. Have used it on the outdoor range I have here at the house at night, so far so good. Simple to install, does not add weight that is noticable, and still able to conceal the G 26 with no problemo.

:popcorn: