Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Decided to go ahead and get my first Heckler & Koch firearm. After much reading, research, holding various models at the store I decided the VP9 would be my first. I almost went for a Mark23 but thought I'd start small and move up to it later on ;)

I found a deal online for a new FDE VP9 LE edition in 9mm for $599. Decided this was a pretty good deal seeing that it has night sights and 3 mags as part of the LE package.

Had my first range outing today. Ran 150 rounds. 2 boxes of Aguila 124gr FMJ and 1 box of Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. I gave the VP9 a quick wipe down at home to remove some excess lube/grease. It fed all the rounds with zero issues.
The ergonomics are really good on this gun. I left it as is but am thinking I'll try the +1 size on the grip panels.
Accuracy was great. I just need to practice some more to get the hang of the sights/trigger versus my Glocks. Speaking of the trigger, I read everywhere how amazing it was and how smooth it is. I didn't find it that amazing or life changing, it didn't blow me away. It's good, and I may just need to wait until ~500 rounds to see how it is at that point.

I love the balance of the gun and the way it sits/feels in my hand. I very much am looking forward to throwing some more rounds downrange and getting more familiar with the trigger.

Some pictures:

First 5 rounds at 7 yards:

30 rounds at 7 yards:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice shooting!! Would you say the HK has the same width/girth of say a 19? I haven't been able to find one in stock to feel myself.
I appreciate the review as this one has been on my radar for a bit.
I don't know about the G19 as I haven't held one but I do have a G17 and the VP9 conforms much better to the hand, that I know for sure. Compared to the G17 the width is almost exactly the same. The slide is a little bit wider on the VP9, but the grip width is almost the same just that the VP9 is contoured vs the Glock feels more like a brick :D
The girth is thinner on the VP9 vs the Glock, it is noticeable. It feels like a thinner pistol. It feels better balanced than the Glock.

Pics of those 2:

·
Banned
63,200 Posts
Congrats on the new toy.
Hi All!

Decided to go ahead and get my first Heckler & Koch firearm. After much reading, research, holding various models at the store I decided the VP9 would be my first. I almost went for a Mark23 but thought I'd start small and move up to it later on ;)

I found a deal online for a new FDE VP9 LE edition in 9mm for $599. Decided this was a pretty good deal seeing that it has night sights and 3 mags as part of the LE package.

Had my first range outing today. Ran 150 rounds. 2 boxes of Aguila 124gr FMJ and 1 box of Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. I gave the VP9 a quick wipe down at home to remove some excess lube/grease. It fed all the rounds with zero issues.
The ergonomics are really good on this gun. I left it as is but am thinking I'll try the +1 size on the grip panels.
Accuracy was great. I just need to practice some more to get the hang of the sights/trigger versus my Glocks. Speaking of the trigger, I read everywhere how amazing it was and how smooth it is. I didn't find it that amazing or life changing, it didn't blow me away. It's good, and I may just need to wait until ~500 rounds to see how it is at that point.

I love the balance of the gun and the way it sits/feels in my hand. I very much am looking forward to throwing some more rounds downrange and getting more familiar with the trigger.

Some pictures:

First 5 rounds at 7 yards:

30 rounds at 7 yards:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.