New Video Shows Ahmaud Arberry Chased for 4 Minutes Before Being Shot

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jonesee, May 18, 2020.

1. Jonesee

Jonesee

TBO likes this.
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

3. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

That may explain why he charged the guy with a gun in the first video we saw. That scenario does not look good for the defendants.

Mr Meeseeks, Valmet and Westexas like this.
  4. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

Hey wait a minute it was white guys running down and killing a black man. You must be virtue signaling if you think white guys did anything wrong here.
    MAGA!

There will still be people here who defend the shooters.

KennyFSU, Lagamor, evlbruce and 12 others like this.
  5. Dave514

Dave514

I'm still unclear as to why Arbery would remain running on the road when the people following him are in a vehicle. I've watched enough episodes of COPS to know you gotta cut some yards.

I have a hard time taking an article at it's word when they start with "Ahmaud Arbery, the Georgia jogger gunned down by a white father and son..."

First off, not a jogger. Two, I don't think someone shot in the middle of a fight is what we're supposed to envision when they say "Gunned Down". Did we need to add in that the father and son were White? And lastly, he was only shot by the son.

I say this while maintaining that the McMichaels screwed up badly.

DrVlad, tm255, RendFou and 19 others like this.
  6. Recon-pull

Recon-pull Billy Jacked

As a former prosecutor I’ll tell ya there’s no way this is a justifiable homicide or valid citizens arrest. You can’t use deadly force to effect a citizens arrest unless for some reason your own life is in imminent risk of death or serious physical injury. As I understand it, these guys chased victim because they thought he was a burglar. Even if he were and he was fleeing the scene you. Can’t use deadly force. Only exception would be if you were in your home and he broke into your house. But this guy was running away retreating. Can’t shoot him for running away. Furthermore in almost all jurisdictions I know, even the cops can’t shoots fleeing suspect, unless there’s some evidence that the criminal was fleeing with a deadly weapon and was still evincing an intent to use it on the cops or a third person. Bottom line: you can’t just shoot a fleeing suspect.

7. Dave514

Dave514

Not that they were justified, but you do realize he wasn't retreating at the time he was shot? It's on video.

8. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

It's a win for society. The thief who attacked is dead, and the idiots who started it all go to jail.

DrVlad, JPCPTx, fxstchewy and 6 others like this.
  9. Recon-pull

Recon-pull Billy Jacked

I’m not too well versed in the story, but even if he wasn’t retreating there would be no justification to shoot UNLESS he presented a weapon that posed risk of imminent death or physical injury. Furthermore, a lot of states like mine (NY) require you to attempt to retreat to safety if in public and such retreat can be done without creating a imminent risk of death or physical injury. Nor can you use deadly force to effect a citizens arrest. So, my bad brother

PTA2PTB and ModGlock17 like this.
  10. powernoodle

powernoodle

Why do we care about this event more than the 65 other murders that occurred in America on the same date? Because of the narrative being pushed by the faux media? We do a grave disservice to Reason by participating in the narrative, when there are a myriad of victims from that same day - good, bad, black and white and multicolored - who are no less dead than this guy.

We should not participate in the narrative.

11. Recon-pull

Recon-pull Billy Jacked

Agreed. Look at Chicago. They have a bakers dozen homicides every other day

Rank Stranger and WPGlocks like this.
  12. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    I don't know the extent of Bryan's involvement (the guy who filmed it) but the family's attorney has condemned him for not blowing his horn.

"If he was a good Samaritan, he would have honked his horn."

13. BradD

BradD

There's a bad joke in there somewhere...

slamdunc and B C like this.
  14. Dave514

Dave514

Arbery moved toward McMichael who appeared to be moving toward Arbery. Arbery grabbed the end of the gun and started punching McMichael in the face. The two struggled for the gun and then McMichael shot Arbery during that struggle. So Arbery certainly posted a risk of physical injury. The crux of the matter is whether McMichael was within his legal right to be performing a "Citizens Arrest" with that level of force to begin with. If not, then the resulting shooting would be a big problem for him.

15. ocjackel

ocjackel

It's flight or fight. He tried the 'flight' part for 4 minutes on foot from men in a truck with guns.

How long would you try to retreat with no success before you realize that 'fight' might be the only option?

16. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Maybe even a country western song.
    " I should'a honked but I didn't. And now I'm on the news."

SargeMO, ZekerMan and BradD like this.
  17. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

PN, are you kidding me? "Why do we care?" Let's see, two or three white guys with GUNS in a pick-up truck chasing (and killing) a black guy down the street in a former slave state.
    AND, it is all on video!

The only "narrative" props missing are a rope and a Confederate battle flag.
    This is media silver, gold and platinum! Why do we care? :animlol:

18. Dave514

Dave514

I made no judgement about Arbery's decision to attack. I simply described the events for Dan. My original pondering is why someone would run up and down the road for 4 minutes with a vehicle chasing them, if that's what this new video shows. I'm wondering why he wouldn't go off in a direction that a vehicle wouldn't be able to follow. Hop a fence or two.

19. ocjackel

ocjackel

Those are good points. Maybe he panicked in the moment.

serve_and_protect and Dave514 like this.
  20. Jonesee

Jonesee

If he had done that, everyone would be saying he was acting as a fleeing criminal and showing implied guilt.

He did exactly as he should have done. Stay out in the open with nothing to hide.