close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New vest

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by XD9SW99, Mar 15, 2003.

1. XD9SW99

XD9SW99 OOoooo Allah

Howdy folks,
    I just got a new fishin' vest today. Thought i'd share with everyone. It's nothing spendy, it's OD green, cost me $19 from Bi-Mart, and best of all...it's got a pocket made just for an XD mag (ok, the maker probably had other intentions, but it has a pocket that is PERFECT dimensionally for hiding a pistol mag. I tried the vest on fully loaded with 3 fly boxes, leaders, tippet materials, large folder knife, pliars, etc, and it feels great. The two interior breast pockets zip up, and are VERY roomy. I stuck the unloaded XD in the left breast pocket, and it disappears. That's the same side I have two fly boxes on, and the gun hides behind the largest box for the most part. You cannot even see the slide outline if you look real close. I stuck a mag in the gun (without one in the chamber) to see how heavy it would feel loaded up with Hy-Shoks, and it didn't feel any different than before. Totally comfortable. In fact, the vest is even more comfy with the XD in it than it is without, as the gun holds the vest a little closer to my body and doesn't give the feeling of looseness in the chest. Can't wait to get my CCW now...I can fish and be protected! Great thing is, this vest could double as a tac vest ;) It's got 2 big pockets to accomodate a couple AR mags, 4 smaller pockets to hold OC, and maybe some small ammo boxes, plus a couple larger pockets that would accomodate a few pistol mags, D-rings so that you can hook other stuff to the chest, and two big zippered pockets to hold concealed full size pistols and some cuffs (or more ammo) there's also a big pouch in the back that could hold your lunch, or more ammo, or more guns and more ammo, or all three...

anywho...I'm going fishing this weekend. First time for the season. Probably going to target trout or sunnies. Dunno yet. Have some new toys to try out...and some old ones to get reacquainted with this season :)

Have fun ya'll.

2. SGT109FA

SGT109FA Eat this Osama

I personally prefer a backpack myself.

3. XD9SW99

XD9SW99 OOoooo Allah

I used to use a backpack, but got irritated every time I wanted to change flies or lures, or needed to change tippet material, or get forceps or clippers or pliars...if standing waist deep in a stream with no rocks around, you'd have to wade to shore. I graduated from a pack to an old school back with a single shoulder strap. Worked a bit better, but also cumbersome...now it's back to wearing a vest. This way is fine...it has way more then enough room for lunch, flies, tools, gun, spare mags, and a flashlight :)