close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Verizon rate plans

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr981

Mr981

2. ray9898

ray9898

I will certainly shop carriers this time when my contract is up. I have been happy with Verizon for over 8 years but this change is for the worse and it is going to cost me more money for less service.

3. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Going to have to look at what I currently use, my contract is already up I was just waiting for a potential iPhone 5 but if they are jacking me at the end of the month I may have to upgrade now if I can lock in a new contract with unlimited whatever like I have now.

4. ray9898

ray9898

My next upgrade is this fall after the new plans start and apparently I cannot get a discount upgrade unless I make the swap.

5. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Don't worry, they already screwed us on the upgrades. You now only get $50 discount and have to pay an additional $30 for a fee. Whoop de doo, I saved $20 and locked in a rate. I may just stay on the no contract program I am on if they let me.

6. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

That's the new trend for all providers. They know they have you hooked on the data.

7. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Well, I'm unlimited and I'll stay that way.

If I want a new phone, I'll find one on eBay, or something of the sort, and then just get it activated.

Sucks they (all of them) can find such ways to screw their customers.

9. SavageDragon

SavageDragon

I'm due for an upgrade but the new Galaxy doesn't release until July. I'll call them and see if I preorder can I keep my unlimited data plan. I doubt it though so I'm probably stuck with this one, or one I don't want in order to stay unlimited.

10. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

I have no need for a smartphone. I used to be an early adopter of all things technology. Had an Android for a few weeks and sent it back. I just did not have time to diddle around using all the features.

11. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

I had full intentions of going in Saturday and getting a new Droid on the Dads & Grads promo, making the phone $299 (though it was actually $249 recently... and it will probably drop even more soon) from the regular price of $199.

The problem with this new plan, it is so disturbing, I don't know if I will now. Because we have 4 lines, 2 are on suspension and I'm going to eventually eat the ETF fees. $240 total.

But the kicker is that the 4th phone that someone does use will probably need to be upgraded in the next year or so and can't be upgraded before June 28th.

Which means when that line needs a new phone, the choice will be to either pay full price for the phone or switch. And that is some bulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

I know At&t will probably follow along shortly and I can't get as big of a discount with them and their service isn't as good, but I'm still reviewing my options. 3 of our lines have ETF of around $200 right now UGGH.

This $350 ETF - $10 each month you have service is really a PIA.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  12. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Who didn't see this coming when LTE becomes widespread?

Still on AT&T iPhone 3GS

13. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

14. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

exactly.

Just. damn.

I am eligible for a new phone come November and am seriously going to look at Sprint......

Right now for 450 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data (grandfathered in for now) I pay 75 a month with my corporate discount of 23%.

I am going to look at perhaps Metro PCS which has unlimited everything for a flat 40 bucks a month. taxes and fees included.

I also am looking at Sprint again for the first time in near 8 years. It's ratings are good, better than Verizon.

What I want to know is HOW in God's green earth is Verizon allowing this?? They at one time were king of the hill in everything and by far had the most customers.....but Sprint is taking over and so are the no-contract companies like Straight Talk.

It's a bloody shame that Verizon is going down the tubes and the man at the helm needs to be booted post haste!!!!!!!!!!

15. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

Me and the wife pay 140$ per month at Sprint
    1500 minutes
    Unlimited text
    Unlimited data
    4g coverage on both phones 10$ per line , even though we do not have 4g....very stupid .

That's with a 15% discount

Sprint is going to charge us an additional 10$ per line when we upgrade bc of its premium data ....idk what to do

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Thumpernator

Thumpernator

I have a Smartphone but my wife doesn't. Was thinking about getting the new iPhone this winter when I'm eligible for upgrade. Think I'll just go back to a simple phone with texts.

I really think these new plans/rates will backfire on Verizon. Just like what New Coke did to Coke.

17. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

the better half and I were just looking at going to a month to month thing as this is just ridiculous. Wouldn't be bad really if it weren't for the 'smart phone' charge that you have to pay for to use the data plans built for.... that's right smart phones.

I'm done with VZW, once they announced no more unlimited data I figured the writing was on teh wall.

18. steve581581

steve581581

I'm grandfathered in with unlimited data so as long as I keep them it's cheap. If I ever do decide to ditch them I'd look into sprint.

19. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

here are some more articles to infuriate you further......it's going to burn SINGLE users........

CNET has the goods:
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57...ared-data-plan-is-a-raw-deal/?tag=epicStories

More CNET regarding single Verizon users:
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-33692_3-57451871-305/verizons-new-data-plan-burns-singles/?tag=txt;related

Bottom line is that I think there is gonna be such a HUGE outcry over this, and people will flee faster than they can gain new customers at Verizon.

I have a feeling Verizon will end up not going through with all of this as I am sure the rumble is only expected to get louder at their corporate offices when customers call......

Sprint is looking better and better all the time.........

20. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.