New USP-C

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Vonhipps, May 8, 2019.

1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Very nice! Love the look of the pistol. My USPc and P2000 are my two favorite pistols.

chemboy likes this.
  2. VicarofGlock

VicarofGlock

Very nice chemboy--now I think I "need" a new USPc (in black) for a change.

chemboy likes this.

3. chemboy

chemboy

You bet. I am thinking about how I can acquire a Mk23. Or perhaps a USP Expert in .45 or 9mm?
    Dangerous things, these HKs! :0

4. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Yeah they really are! I've had a hankering for another USPc in 40 to be honest. I've always like the Glock 23 and used to carry one years ago off-duty. But the finger grooves on a Glock compact never fit my hand the best. However, not that I have the USPc in 9mm I'm thinking I'd rather have one in 40 rather than a G23.

chemboy likes this.
  5. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

I honestly don't know how many HK's that I have anymore. I too got the bug some years ago. A MK23 is a bit rare these days, the Expert is a easier to find and shoot. The Tactical is the little brother to the MK23 and they too can be found more frequently.

chemboy likes this.
  6. chemboy

chemboy

\

The first 40 cal I ever purchased was a HK USP way back in late 1993 or early 1994? So I have a long held liking for HKs in 40 cal.
    As good as this little USPc feels in my hands, if I found one in 40 cal I would give it a hard look!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Deputydave likes this.
  7. chemboy

chemboy

Glowrod,
    One of my local shops got a Mk23 in awhile back and it was gone in one day. And I was *this* close to buying it! :crying:

8. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Bummer on the MK23. Not an easy buy at close to 2k or whatever they are now if you can find one. Haven't been on GB in a while. I don't shoot mine very often as my initial plan was to get a suppressor for it but the threads are different than my Tactical. Just haven't gotten around to going back down that road again.

chemboy likes this.
  9. benben

benben

A local shop in Charlotte has a Mark23 in stock, I handled it this past weekend, along with a Jet Funnel 9mm Expert. Just me.......I’d take the Expert, it’s just more practical for my uses.

That MK23 is a monster of a pistol and while looking it over it’s very obvious it’s one very well tuned up pistol from the factory! I think it was $1895.00?

chemboy likes this.
  10. chemboy

chemboy

Ben,
    I am still kicking myself for missing out on a new USP Expert in 45. They had 'em on Gunbroker last fall/winter for ~850 bucks a pop! :(

I think my current HK wish list would read:
    1) USP Expert in 9mm or 45.
    2) Mk23
    3) USP Tactical in 9mm

benben likes this.
  11. benben

benben

The three on my “to purchase” list are.......
    1) P30L V1 9mm. Absolutely no luck!
    2) P2000sk 9mm. Bought one last week.
    3) USP Expert 9mm w/ Jet Funnel.

Mines not too far out there, two more to go!

chemboy likes this.
  12. chemboy

chemboy

I like your list. I have never even seen a P30L 'in the flesh'. But I bet it's nice. Only 'issue' I have with my P30 is the trigger. I love everything about the gun but the trigger. I was hoping that with a few rounds downrange I would see some difference, but I am at 1800rds as of this writing, and the trigger seems as 'blah' as ever. When this Chinese Virus blows over, I may have some work done on the trigger. That, and replace the OEM sights with some Trijicon HDs-That would be perfect!!

13. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

I too would rather have the Expert, Tactical, or the Elite over the MK23.

chemboy likes this.
  14. chemboy

chemboy

The more research I do on the Expert, the more I like the idea of one. I still want a Mk23, but maybe not quite as bad as I once did?
    As for the Tactical, well, you can tell from my sig line what I think of those! :cool:

15. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

I have each of the above along with many other HK's though I don't have any of the exotics and my favorite still comes down to shooting the p30L.

16. benben

benben

Yeah I’ve got one of those “just missed out on an Expert story too :mad:

Was on a Friday around noon, called a gun shop about 50 miles away, was inquiring about a P30L and was immediately told no, sorry but hey we just got in a 9mm Expert on a trade! Condition is good, better than average, but a little rougher than most HK’s we take in, we have it tagged at $699.00.

WHAT?? I give the guy my name, tell him to hold it, I’ll be there tomorrow (Saturday) by lunchtime. He says no problem.

I get there around 1:00, go straight to the counter, salesman asked if he could help me, I tell him I’m there to look at a HK they’re holding......

He goes over and is whispering to another salesman for a minute, they both walk back to me with this look on their faces, seems an employee bought it the night before (same Friday) just before closing time! Turns out it was the guy on the phone who told me it was rough!

I bit my lip, turned around and drove 50 miles back home, cussing those two guys out would have been pointless, I’ll never go back though! Guess I can’t really blame the ****head employee for buying it, I probably would have to! Oh well........

17. chemboy

chemboy

Oh man! I'd be mad too. What a bummer! And I agree, I would never patronize a shop that did that, again, either. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  18. Guy Silver

Guy Silver

What's the most inexpensive model of HK?

19. benben

benben

The P30 and VP models.