New TX Glocker from Houston!

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by brickboy240, Sep 26, 2007.

1. brickboy240

brickboy240

Wow, the number of Texas Glockers is amazing!

Hello, from Houston! I am new to the world of Glock, as I just bought a factory rebuilt 2nd gen G-22. I wanted a hell for stout pistol for defense and heavy ranch carry that would take the abuse of dirt, grit and bad weather without a problem. The Glock 22 seemed to fit the bill.

I am not new to guns and have a huge collection of other pistols (mainly 1911s and Hi-Powers) and several military surplus rifles. I probably have between 40-50 firearms altogether and have been collecting since 1989 and shooting since I was a very young kid. Everyone in our family shoots and we're all very much gun people!

I live on the northwest side of Houston (native Texan but not native to Houston), but work along the ship channel. I do most of my shooting at our family ranch (where my retired parents live) near La Grange.

We also hunt dove, ducks and deer out there on the ranch (we have 118 acres). We have a skeet thrower and are planning a handgun steel plate range...if we can ever get in agreement on where to put it and on what kinds of targets to make!

I just thought I'd drop a line and say hello. You'll probably hear from me on this forum alot. I am glad I found you y'all.

- Brickboy240

PS - I am also an ex-Red Raider...any other "Techsans" out there?

2. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Welcome, brickboy240.:wavey:
    Don't forget to visit the General Glocking forum and the Non-Glock Firearms forum. More activities there.

3. Rex G

Rex G

Welcome! :) I live in Bellaire right now, surrounded by Houston. There is some BEAUTIFUL country around LaGrange; I have thought of moving somethere up there after retirement.