Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the new sights from trijicon yet......i like them ,its exactly what im looking for but am waiting for some feedback from others before i dump 150......

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Anyone have these and a set of calipers? I called Trijicon today and they don't even know the specs on their own products. I need a real height, width of the front sight and the rear notch.

I'm currious is they will work with my Crossbreed SuperTuck or is the front to tall. I also want to compare the GL11's to the GL101Y for size. I like a thinner front blade and a wider rear blade and these seem interesting but "NOBODY KNOWS" any real dimensions.

Rick

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Kinda look similar to the Ameriglo Hacks.
Yea I got my Hacks with the I dot Pro rear for 90 shipped from Ameriglo, I looked at these Trijicons for about 2 seconds.

·
Oh glockaholic!
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
We installed these on a customer's gun today. I like the rear but I'm not used to the front. I like the rear u-notch and the smaller diameter rear tritiums(like Ameriglo). I liked the visibility of the front, but wished the whole blade was colored. I like rectangles better then circles.

I would also like to know the dimensional specs on these.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
We installed these on a customer's gun today. I like the rear but I'm not used to the front. I like the rear u-notch and the smaller diameter rear sights. I liked the visibility of the front, but wished the whole blade was colored. I like rectangles better then circles.

I would also like to know the dimensional specs on these.
I shoot Dawson Precision sights for gun games and like the dimensions of the front blade and rear notch. They have fiber optic inserts. I ended up taking a magic marker and blacking out the fiber optics. I like to aquire the target at the very top and middle of the front blade and the FO started to make me put the FO over the target and I would shoot high. I much prefer a sight that has a thinner front so that the light on either side of the notch is easily picked up. Some Trijicons can be so tight that there isn't much light on either side of the post when aligned and this seems to be more of the case with shorter barreled guns like a 26 or even a 19. On the 34 there is more light because the slide is longer. Would like to see a pair of these in person.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The front sight is .145" wide.

The rear sight notch: The front of the rear sight is .180" wide and steps down to .165" wide at the rear face of the rear sight.

I measured the set on my G19. Review will be coming shortly.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Hopefully Ameriglo stocks the front sight only. I have the Hacks and would like to try the brighter yellow front sight. Trijicon can have the rear.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The front sight is .145" wide.

The rear sight notch: The front of the rear sight is .180" wide and steps down to .165" wide at the rear face of the rear sight.

I measured the set on my G19. Review will be coming shortly.
Thanks for the measurements. So did you shoot with those sights on the gun yet?

As a comparison, I have a set of Novak Trijicon night sights and the rear notch is .130 and the front blade is .145". I would like the wider rear notch for quicker aquisitions, but for the quick stuff the gun wears a Crimson Trace Laserguard which is nice. I still haven't seen a set of these anywhere yet, but again, I like the idea of them.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts