close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Trek bike, more options for fitness

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Rob96, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

To continue my never ending quest to improve my fitness, and continue my weight loss, I purchased a Trek 820. It is the lest expensive model they make and the only with a steel frame. I have been in the gym for just over a year now. Was getting a little board and plus with the nice weather, I wanted to be outside. Yesterday I did and 3 mile run and 12 mile ride. Today I did another 12 mile ride. I feel great. Down 30 pounds and have really dropped my fat percentage. I have not felt this good since basic training.

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Congratulations on your bike purchase, weight loss and returning feeling of health. Bikes are great for weight loss and general fitness.

Keep us posted on your progress!

3. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

The nice weather hit, and I wanted to be outside rather than in the gym. Rather than get bored with working out, I decided to take a little break and get outside for a good deal of activity. Riding the bike on trails really gives a good quad workout. Also have been doing a good deal of trail running.

4. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Trek bikes are #1 in my opinion. I own the 7100 Hybrid and have ridden it 1000s+ miles in 2 yrs. I wouldnt ride anything else.

5. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

I only have it a month, and have a couple of hundred miles on it. Would be more, but am doing a lot of bike/runs, as I am training with a friend who is going to be in a sprint relay triathlon.

Yesterday while doing a 10 mile ride I had the hex bolt that holds the left crank arm back out on me. Have to ask the shop if blue loctite can be used.

6. Lomez

Lomez Nice guy

yes, bikes are fun. have you ran any yellow lights yet? ;)

7. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

No yellow lights on the trails. Everything is green.;)

8. Maiden71

Maiden71 Metal Member

That fitness bug must really be getting around. I just bought a new Gary Fisher (they're made by Trek) yesterday. I went riding what seemed like all night last night. I'm getting ready to go again shortly. Definitely makes you feel like you've accomplished something beneficial when you get back from riding.

9. Joebagadonuts

Joebagadonuts

Cycling is a great way to get/stay fit and explore different routes. Going on my second century ride tommorrow, and then a swim after.