Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little introduction. After loads of research, I just picked up my first firearm, the G19. So far I have about 500 rounds through it and I'm very pleased with this weapon. On order I have the slide release extension, and after about 1000 rounds I'll be switching to 3.5 trigger.

2nd pic - first day at the range, 10 yards.

Attachments

·
Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
Welcome to GT. The G19 is a great gun and there are an abundance of them here so I'm sure any questions you have regarding it can be answered on this board. I have about 500 rds through mine as well and hopefully that number will go up this week.:supergrin:

Nice shooting by the way. Practice makes perfect.:welcome:

·
~ Old Warrior ~
530 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!

Some one should probably warn you though... you can't own just one! :whistling:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just a little introduction. After loads of research, I just picked up my first firearm, the G19. So far I have about 500 rounds through it and I'm very pleased with this weapon. On order I have the slide release extension, and after about 1000 rounds I'll be switching to 3.5 trigger.

2nd pic - first day at the range, 10 yards.
I love my 19! I have no issues with it's reliability or performance. Personally I like my trigger just the way it is but to each his own.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome aboard...My own personal advice would be..Don't change the slide release or the trigger..Some members have accidentely bumped the extended release while firing and created issues..Why add possible risk of malfunctions with you self defense pistol..Glock recommends the sling shot method anyway...some guys like the 3 1/2 lb trigger me included..My G34 has it and soon my 17 will. I don't carry those..My carry glocks have 5 and 8 lb triggers on them..Just my own little measely opinion :>)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My own personal advice would be..Don't change the slide release or the trigger..Some members have accidentely bumped the extended release while firing and created issues..
How does that happen? Good friend of mine has a 19 with the extended release which I held and felt quite comfortable, nothing was near it. Is it more of a case of limp wristing / poor hand positioning or something else?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The G19 is the best way to start! Beware, if you hang around this site, you will buy more. :D

I oscillate between the G19 and the G26 on my favorite Glock. The G33 is a hoot to shoot.

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
:welcome: and congratulations on a great gun! :wavey:

How does that happen? Good friend of mine has a 19 with the extended release which I held and felt quite comfortable, nothing was near it. Is it more of a case of limp wristing / poor hand positioning or something else?
Using a thumbs forward grip, the extended slide stop lever can come into contact with the right thumb when firing causing the slide to lock back while rounds remain in the magazine, or causing the slide to close on an empty magazine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
And so it begins...got my first Glock last year, I'm looking at getting my 3rd in August.....like everyone says...you can't stop at one!....

Congratulations!......

G22, G27....G23c(to be added soon!)

·
That's a Bingo!
4,527 Posts
If you plan on carrying, I would keep the 5.5 trigger.

·
40 Posts
:thumbsup: Way to go Joe,and Welcome, very popular choice and for good reason. Shooting that thing is addicting, A (tool) used for personal protection has become a hobby.
1000 rds thru mine and no hiccups.

Will

·
NRA Life Member
373 Posts
[SIZE=-1]"Oh wonder, how many goodly creatures are there here, how beauteous GlockTalk is, oh brave new world that has such people in it." Shakespeare

:welcome: to GT!

[/SIZE]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words all. Already have plans to hit the range again Wed night. Anyone have an extra room? Between this and my motorcycle track day habit, I might need it lol.

If you plan on carrying, I would keep the 5.5 trigger.
We can't carry here in Jersey(the armpit of America) :upeyes:

Using a thumbs forward grip, the extended slide stop lever can come into contact with the right thumb when firing causing the slide to lock back while rounds remain in the magazine, or causing the slide to close on an empty magazine.
Appreciate that info, definitely something I will keep an eye on. I can always switch back if I experience any shenanigans.

·
GLOCKER
1,247 Posts
CONGRATS! Welcome to Glocktalk. Pretty shoot shooting, but I suspect those groups will tighten up after a few more rounds!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome aboard. My first gun was a G19 too. Great gun, but mine is sidelined for now while I practice with my G27.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts