Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Glock Owners,
I recently sent on my dues (1 Year) to become a member of the GSSF. However, I am thinking about going ahead and taking to big plunge and become a life member. I really hear that Glock really takes care of its people, like no other manufacturer. Is this true? Are the matches well organized? Are they a lot of fun? I am in the Central/South West of Virginia and I could easlily travel 150-200 miles to a match, if needed. All comment (truthful) are welcome. By the way, I find this site very useful

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally, I was going to a match as a spectator. The good people set me straight and I joined GSSF and headed off to the Morganton, NC match. I had a blast. It was so much fun that I've signed up for the matches in: Columbia, SC; Convers, GA (Atlanta) and Creedmoor, NC based upon my 1st and only experience.

The staff at GSSF has been nothing but top-notch professional and kind. I think you'll both enjoy both the matches and the association.

If I had the coin, I would have upgraded to lifetime after the Morganton match. We'll see how my personal economy is doing in the 2H2009.

BTW, the opposite of "win" is "lose", not sure if you really meant "loose". :)

·
20,437 Posts
Glock, Inc. of Smyrna, GA and the GSSF Staff are all 1st class, without exception. The GSSF staff control all the outdoor matches. I'd say average attendance this year is about 275 for the two day event. Closest to you will be Creedmoor--near Raleigh. The matches are great, simple enough that anyone can shoot them. Being simple, they are extremely difficult to win because every second counts. No movement, no speed reloads, no drawing from a holster.

I joined in 1997 or 1998, but did not shoot my first match until May 1999. I shot lousy but had such a great time that I became a lifetime member the very next month. You will build great friendships with your fellow competitors. My good friends stretch from Florida to New York to the West Coast.

Check out last years results at Creedmoor, NC or this years results at Morganton, NC to get an idea of the prizes awarded.

If you would like to talk about GSSF on the phone, PM me and I'll give you my home phone number in Hardy, VA (Bedford County).

So far this year I've been to Morganton and Waldorf, MD and plan to attend Columbia, SC and Creedmoor. I often go to Topton, PA and Conyers, GA but I have other commitments this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts