New to the boards, huge cat and overall animal lover

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by paul2241, Feb 11, 2010.

1. paul2241

paul2241 Guest

Hello all,
    I am new to the boards, and new to gun ownership, and the gun community. It's nice to see so many animal lovers on the board. Please don't get offended, but I was under the impression that most gun enthusiasts were not the biggest fans of cats, as you hear all of the stereotypes, and a lot of ignorant people that must tell you how the only good cat is a dead cat, and how they like to use them for target practice when they find out you're a cat person. (this is just my experience in my neck of the woods here in IN) Its nice to see that I'm not in the minority here, and I'm glad to see that I can share my interest in guns, and my love for animals with others. Anyway I have 5 cats, but I am going to post a pic of my 2 males Bob (orange and white) and Albert (maine coon kitten) They're my buddies, and pretty damn good looking if I don't say so myself.:whistling: Once again I thank you for breaking the stereotype for me, and look forward to talking about guns and cats with all of you.

Attached Files:

2. magpie maniac

magpie maniac

Welcome. :wavey: Handsome cats you have there. I've always been a cat guy. We have a calico lap-cat named Patches who will be five in April.

People who don't respect and admire cats obviously aren't familiar with their good traits and their ability to unleash claw-slashing fury on punks. :supergrin:

3. ussoldier202

ussoldier202 Infantry

Some people say get a real mans pet get a dog. I am a US Army Infantryman serving in Iraq but im not a man cause I have a cat. :rofl: I have a siamese cat, its the smartest and wierdest cat ever. He can turn on lights but wont turn them off, can open any door in the house, and while Ive been in Iraq my wife taught it to use the toilet but wont flush it(not joking I didnt believe it until i went home on R&R and seen it myself) lets see a dog do that. I also have 2 Suger Gliders, they are the funniest and lovable pets ever. I think there one of the best pets.

4. dkbrucedvm

dkbrucedvm

Sounds like my children! :rofl:

5. snowbird

snowbird

Magpie Maniac, so you like dogs, cats, birds, and guns? Same here (one dog, one cat, several guns indoors, and quite a few birds and squirrels in the back yard). In Korea, our unit had a goat for awhile, and one of the cooks had a dog behind the messhall.

6. magpie maniac

magpie maniac

Pardon the late reply. Haven't checked the board in a few days.

Yep, we might have a good bit in common. Me, the wife, two kids, one German Shepherd, one calico cat, an aquarium full of fish, a safe full of Glocks, Browning Hi Powers, and M1 Garands, and too many outdoor squirrels and chimpmunks to count.