Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...not so long ago, my buddy let me shoot his USPc V1 in 40 and I loved it. It had a soft recoil and of course I am a big fan of the USP. So I picked up this slightly used one today. I have not decided whether or not I am going to make it a light LEM version as most of my HK’s are. Biggest issue, the stainless steel slide is slippery when dry. When wet, from water, sweat, blood, etc, might be an issue.

Brown Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger

Next to my P2000 in 9mm....

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

Next to my full sized USP 9...

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

Attachments

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Congrats Bunk.
The USP series are tanks!
My USP/USPc's have been flawless,
Even when running a can.
Built like a M1 tank.
Quality of a Rolex
Accuracy of a Gold Cup.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats Bunk.
The USP series are tanks!
My USP/USPc's have been flawless,
Even when running a can.
Built like a M1 tank.
Quality of a Rolex
Accuracy of a Gold Cup.
Agreed, one of my favorite handguns. Just ordered the LEM kit, love me some LEM!

Reactions: grecco

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Nice! I've always felt the USPc makes sense in .40s&w.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
nice and congrats.. i had one 10 or so years ago it was an all black lem model. i was surprised how low the recoil was and shot nice tight groups with it. i always seemed to move the slide lock pin out when chambering a round though and it always seemed to be a little top heavy for me so i traded it for a sig p228.. ps.. the lem is really awesome

·
Registered
542 Posts
The HK USP is the first pistol that was specifically built to shoot the .40, and remains one of only a few that were built around it.

I had a USPC in .40 and to me, it was the best shooting .40 I have ever experienced. It handles the recoil so well, it is 'almost' like a 9mm with just a bit more power.

I had it configured in Light LEM. I really liked that pistol. I sold it because I had other ideas, and now I want to buy it back.

Congrats on a really nice gun, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
22,846 Posts
Very nice Bunk. I've been trying to have a polymer moratorium, but a stainless USPc would certainly temp me. Love the look of those.

Congratulations on the new toy even though it’s nit in the proper .45 caliber.
For me the .40 hits the sweet spot in the USPc.

9mm - 13 rounds
.40 - 12 rounds
.45 - 8 rounds.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Sweet! I've got a UPS Compact 40 also but with the standard slide...it was an LE trade-in with just the right amount of holster wear. It's destined to have an RCM .357SIG conversion barrel installed in the near future for a little bit of variety:

I've got a number of other full size USP's in 9mm and 45acp, with one of the latter having the stainless slide:

I'm not particularly fond of the two-tone look on firearms, but I couldn't pass on this one because the price was so good.

Enjoy that Hk of yours!!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I put 300 rounds through it today, such a soft shooter for a compact 40. I shot 165 and 180gr FMJ, WWB, Remington and Winchester Train and Defend. Shot various JHP, PDX1 165gr, Train and Defend 180gr, TAC-XPD 140grf (very soft shooting), Hornady Critical Duty 175gr, Sig 180gr JHP, Federal 165gr Hydra-shok and HST 180gr. Soft shooting, accurate, great gun IMO. My IWB G-code fits my HK P30SK, P2000 and this USP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts