New to me PM45 & 7 round mag

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by beaversgs, Jul 24, 2012.

1. beaversgs

beaversgs

Just bought a used PM45 and after @25 rounds through it, I'm impressed. I was using cheap Tula ammo, so I did have a couple of hiccups. I was also using a 7 round mag and it wouldn't feed reliably. I'm thinking it might be a combination of the ammo and the mag. Overall, I'm impressed with how shootable the PM45 is.

I Bought some better ammo and going to try again next range trip. Does any one else use the 7 round mag with the PM45 successfully?

Thanks,

GregB

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

With all due respect... What part impressed you... The hiccups or the unreliable feeding? :dunno:

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure ammo is the problem.. IMO pm45s are a crap shoot... "used" pm45s are a big crap shoot.

Hope it's all good in the end.

4. beaversgs

beaversgs

What impressed me was how soft the recoil is.

GregB

5. beaversgs

beaversgs

Took the PM45 back to the range with some Georgia Arms and some Independence brass cased ammo. The 7 round mag still won't run. I'm going to return it or sell it. Only malfunction out of 50 rounds (25 of each) was when I activated the mag release accidentally on recoil with my thumb. I'm happy with it.

GregB

6. cziv

cziv

Is Georgia Arms doing business again? Couldn't get an order through 2 years ago.

BTW, I'm shopping for a .45 acp but will stick to the 1911 style. Something as tiny as the PM45 is more suited to the 9mm round IMHO. YMMV

7. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

Id keep working with it to see if its ok at all... I had the same problem with mine and could not stop activiating the mag release... Personally I wouldnt trust my life to a gun where the mag keeps dropping regardless if it is the gun or the user....

Sounds to me like you really arent being very realistic with this gun at all... Feeding problems, dropping mags and yet you still are "happy with it" :faint:

Hey I guess whatever makes you happy.

8. beaversgs

beaversgs

Definitely will spend more time with it at the range. Georgia Arms is in business. They do several of the local gun shows in NC.

GregB

9. cziv

cziv

Thanks beaversgs! I need to get an order in for 9mm and .357 mags :supergrin: