Ruger New to me P93 - first range trip!

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by NitLion, Aug 22, 2016.

1. NitLion

NitLion

I had always wanted a P93. About a year after they stopped making them, I found one NIB, old stock, at an LGS. Unfortunately, it wasn't in my budget at the time. And, as time went by, they have become as rare as hen's teeth. Well, I finally saw, and then sprung for, a used P93 on Gunbroker. The pistol was fairly dirty when I got it, so I cleaned it up and off to the range I went!
    Here are the first three shots using Wolf - Military Classic - 115g - FMJ:

P93 Wolf MC on paper.jpg

It came with one ten round magazine, which I quickly sent to the land of misfit mags! The magazines for my P89 and P94 are compatible with the P93 so I had no shortage of standard capacity mags! Here are shots on steel at 18 yards:

P93 round steel Wolf MC.jpg

The gun functioned 100% with the Wolf MC. I didn't feel it was quite as accurate as my P89 with this steel cased stuff but that could easily have just been me - it was the end of a long hot day! I think I only missed steel (at 18 yards ) once during the session so I certainly can't complain! Here is a steel Silhouette at 18 yards:

P93 wolf MC on silly.jpg

The next load up was ZQ1 Ammunition - 123g - FMJ and it shot great! Shots on paper at 14 yards:

p93 with ZQ1.jpg

The P93 functioned 100% with the ZQ1 also! The only issue that came up throughout the day was that the magazines would not always drop free. Sometimes they would... and sometimes the magazine would only drop out about an inch! That is something I have not experienced with my other P Series Rugers! Here is shots on steel with the ZQ1:

P93 with ZQ1 on round steel.jpg

Totals for the P93 (for me):

150 rounds representing 2 loads!

P93 with ZQ1 steel silly.jpg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    happie2shoot and sticks like this.
  2. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

nice little gun the P93 was the smallest of the Pseries line...They called it a compact. but in reality it was more of a mid size gun. Enjoy!

3. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

Great find !!!
    I've looked for a P93 .. Just like the one you have ..
    Looks like you have a winner!!

4. bac1023

bac1023

Another good report...