Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High Standard Sharpshooter, its at the bottom of High Standards Military line but still one fine pistol. Trigger is outstanding and I'd guess better than anything else I have and better than most you can buy today. Raining today or I'd tried it out.
Wood Air gun Everyday carry Blade Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
What a trip down memory lane! When I was 14 my Dad arranged a shooting match between me and an old Army pistol team pal of his. He had a new Sharpshooter and I an old HD-Military. Dead heat and we called it a draw.

·
Bitter American
1,356 Posts
High Standard Sharpshooter, its at the bottom of High Standards Military line but still one fine pistol. Trigger is outstanding and I'd guess better than anything else I have and better than most you can buy today. Raining today or I'd tried it out. View attachment 988190
Bottom of the Hi Standard line or not it's still a good looking pistol. Hope it runs well for you.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Very cool little .22.

Reactions: Benton and ede

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
That's the one for me. We've gone and looked at a couple of them, but those that own them are quite proud of them and want a bit too much. The price on old rimfire pistols is on the rise, I noticed, so maybe it ain't too much. I think people will pay more for a pistol that fires lower cost rimfire cartridges instead of a centerfire that costs 60¢ a shot.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Nice looking pistol. Does it have a bull barrel?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Friend had the Military model I sure lusted after. He didn't know about the spring capture button and messed up his spring. I fixed it for him but never could talk him out of it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice High Standard ya' got there, Ed! You gonna' try some BULLSEYE with that one? :)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Congratulations. One of these days after I’m done hunting for Colt Woodsman pistols, I’ll start on High Standard.
I have my father's Colt Woodsman heavy barrel in my safe. That is one phenomenal .22 pistol. I'll bet that High Standard is sweet. They don't make 'em like they used to.

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice High Standard ya' got there, Ed! You gonna' try some BULLSEYE with that one? :)
No it's just for fun. I'd suck worse at Bullseye than I do the other games I play.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
No it's just for fun. I'd suck worse at Bullseye than I do the other games I play.
Bullseye is the original 'Dot Torture'.

Reactions: ede

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I had a HS Victor a long time ago. Sold it when I tripped across a Browning International that shoots better for me. Should have kept it anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts