Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Kimber Eclipse Pro II and took it to the range yesterday. Ran 100 rd thru it. Very accurate and nice shooting gun. Failed to fully feed / go into battery 3 times, 2 were with some old lead reloads though and there is a better than even chance I limpwristed the third. All three times happened on the Kimber mag. I bought a Wilson Combat before shooting and it performed flawlessly. Also order the Wolff XP recoil spring for it. My first 1911 but I think I'm going to enjoy this pistol. Have some Gold Dots on order.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
COngrats on the new Kimber. I always use Wilson, Kimber mags are suspect at best.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have "Kimber" on the brain and have been looking seriously at the Eclipse target II. I am wondering if I need to take drugs to solve my problem since Kimbers seem to have a Love / Hate relationship with their masters. (Either you love them or you hate them).

I hope that yours works well for you....

·
JAFO
14,269 Posts
I am wondering if I need to take drugs to solve my problem since Kimbers seem to have a Love / Hate relationship with their masters. (Either you love them or you hate them).

The main problem with Kimber is their patheticlly incompetent service department.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I like my Pro Eclipse II too. I also have the Eclipse Custom II and the Eclipse Target II.

I still need to pick up a Ultra Eclipse II as well as a Pro Tactical II.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Congrats on a nice pistol. I hope that it serves you well. Due to past experiences, I am not a fan of the Kimber factory mags either and run Wilson's in my Kimbers.

·
The Anti-Glock
4,396 Posts
Congrats! I had the same problem on my Kimber until I replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff. Now it's 100%.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So Cabela's just put an Eclipse Target II in their case......anyone have 1.3K to loan me???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts