close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New (to me) GLOCK 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by S. Kelly, Oct 16, 2002.

1. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

I just picked up a GLOCK 30, used, but not too used. Looks like about 50 rounds, tops. The copper colored lube was still on the slide and trigger bar. It was dirty and not lubed other than the copper stuff, but I reversed that quick. I can't wait to shoot it-it's a "pre-ban" in MA so it's a great score. I had a MA compliant G21, but foolishly sold it to fund another project. I won't make that mistake again. Any words of advice? How about carry ammo? Any 230 gr. HP?

2. hpg

hpg

Federal HydraShok 230 gr.:cool:

3. Puckster

Puckster

The Hydra-Shoks are good. I've tried them and had no problems. I also tried some Remington Golden Saber 230 gr and also had zero problems. Either one of those should work for you. Good luck and welcome to the G30 club. ;)

4. GLOCK21_30Man

GLOCK21_30Man Old Paladin

S.Kelly,
    I have both G30 and G21. Both function flawlessly with the two best loads available in .45acp. Federal EFMJ (Expanding Full Metal Jacket) and Corbon's PowR'Ball. Both feed like normal hardball. Both are extremely explosive. See the articles at:

www.ammolab.com

These rounds are extraordinary... Currently I am carrying both guns, loaded with Federal EFMJs. Gave my best friend my PowR'balls, as he's got kids still at home... If you want to truly load rounds that are "force multipliers," you cannot beat these two. If you're worried about cost, the Federal EFMJs are about $20.00 per box of 50. The Corbon PowR'balls are about $16.95 per box of 20. Can't lose with either one...

Hope this helps,
    Carter, GLOCK21_30Man, out...

5. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

Thanks everyone for the replys! I had a G21 and truly miss it. Even with the FGs (it had no rails) it was a HANDFULL. But fun to shoot. I am looking to get another G21 with FG/Rs. I can't wait to get out to the range with the G30.