Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Da Da
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a late model G19/Gen2 last week and finally got to shoot it today.

200rds mixed 9mm range ammo, 100rd 124grn HST and 100+ of my own reload HST clone ammo without a hitch. Very nice out to 50m.

Very fast on target and low recoil. Both hands, limp, strong, dirty and bone dry. Doesn't matter, it just won't jam. LOVE IT!

I've been carrying my G26 15+1 for 6 months, as soon as my Badger Concealment holster gets here it will be my primary CCW.

GREAT pistol. Can't believe I waited so long to buy one.

· Da Da
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A late model Gen2?
Born On date seems to be March 2002. Less than 500rds down pipe. Sweet shooter that sat in a safe for 13yrs.

Just found out My neighbor passed away and his wife has another gen2 For sale also. Might get it just because I can. Especially if the price is right.

Reactions: sig763

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Late or new, Gen 2, 3, or 4. It doesn't matter Glock 19 really is a great 9mm pistol to own. Good to hear all is well with your gun. Enjoy and be safe.

615 Posts
I've had my gen 2 G19 for A LONG TIME, but I hadn't shot it in years until last week. I had forgotten how accurate I am with it, but since I am very happy with my 43, I still won't be carrying the 19.

Congrats on your new to you acquisition!

· Hoplophilic Doc
260 Posts
Congrats sir. The Gen 19's are a special kind of cool. My gen 2 19 was made in December of 1988.
I agree.
I bought two at the same time NIB in '89. Both got the factory "upgrades" when those were offered.

They're both still running fine after tens of thousands of rounds, though I had their slides hard-chromed years ago after the original phosphate coating wore to the point of looking raggedy, and of course they now use the modern OEM metal-lined magazines (still own all four original NFML mags though, all of which work fine, even though one has cracks between some of the witness holes) and have Heinie steel sights.

Both guns are still just as accurate and precise as when new. Neither gun has ever had any problems.

I've owned a bunch of Gen 3 Glocks in compact and subcompact formats since, in calibers 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP, but I don't own and haven't wanted any Gen3/4 G19s, since IMNSHO the Gen 2s are the very best of that model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.