Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Texan
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I thought I'd share my newest pickup, a 1967 Colt Cobra. It's in almost perfect shape, with only a slight bit of bluing freckling where it appears to have been in long contact with a piece of foam or fabric.

The grips were a dark grayish brown, but with a little hot soapy water they cleaned up nicely. There were decades of dirt in them, and I recut the checkering in a few places and rubbed in a little tung oil as a sealant and to show the walnut's grain.

I paid $450 for the gun with no box or paperwork. Timing is perfect and it passes all the timing and lockup tests in Kuhnhausen's Double Action Colt Shop Manual. I did lightly rebrush the sides of the hammer after removing it from the gun to remove some slight gray discoloration spot.

What do y'all think?

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,833 Posts
Looks nice. You wouldn't get it here for that price. Around here if it says Colt on it the LGS thinks it's made of gold.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Hey everyone,

I thought I'd share my newest pickup, a 1967 Colt Cobra. It's in almost perfect shape, with only a slight bit of bluing freckling where it appears to have been in long contact with a piece of foam or fabric.

The grips were a dark grayish brown, but with a little hot soapy water they cleaned up nicely. There were decades of dirt in them, and I recut the checkering in a few places and rubbed in a little tung oil as a sealant and to show the walnut's grain.

I paid $450 for the gun with no box or paperwork. Timing is perfect and it passes all the timing and lockup tests in Kuhnhausen's Double Action Colt Shop Manual. I did lightly rebrush the sides of the hammer after removing it from the gun to remove some slight gray discoloration spot.

What do y'all think?

Sexy beast!!! My Cobra is 1970s vintage and it's nowhere as clean as this mean mother snake.

·
bene vivere
2,446 Posts
Great buy for a great classic.

Reactions: Cheseldine

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
Very nice, and great job detailing it, looks like new. That is one I would've liked to see before and after pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts