close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new to me 6.8

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by majette, Mar 26, 2010.

1. majette

majette

ran across this one used at a gun show last weekend. i traded even up a hk g3 clone and an ar57 that i built:

[​IMG]

quality components throughout:

[​IMG]

i had the surefire and the bipod on my ar57.

[​IMG]

i also added the single point sling.

[​IMG]

2. majette

majette

6.8 inside! i traded my two rifles because i figured the 6.8 fit in between the 5.7x28 and .308 for my needs.

[​IMG]

the buis is sweet, never saw one like this before.

[​IMG]

only was able to put 20rds through it so far but i am impressed. the buis works well, able to keep 3 shots in 4" offhand at 25yds. trust me, for me that is good as i am not as steady nor my eyesight as good as it used to be. the millet scope is nice as well. 1-4x magnification, has crosshairs and donut with moa dot. donut and dot can be illuminated.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Looks like a winner! Congrats!

4. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

I'd love to get a 6.8, ammo is just so expensive!!

5. KDawg0007

KDawg0007

Awesome score, that looks good. Cost of ammo is prohibitive for me also, else a 6.8 would be in my safe.

6. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

I like the looks of the BUIS as well.

Overall, pretty sharp looking rifle.

7. Minnow

Minnow

Nice. I'm looking into picking up a 6.8 for pig huntin'.

8. Randolph da man

Randolph da man

interesting configuration. What is the primary purpose of it ?

9. crenca

crenca

Why, to shoot overpriced ammo using mediocre mags at hogs when you should be using a real hunting rig! :rofl:

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> Seriously, as a 6.8 shooter myself 6.8 gets you vastly improved TB performance over 5.56 while still using the AR15 that we all know and love (a barrel, bolt, and 6.8 mag is all you need).

The setup in the pics could be used for hunting or as a patrol, HD, or in a rifle class (assuming you could afford the ammo). I personally opt for a red dot in HD role...

10. Constructor

Constructor

Just guessing that belonged to Forest and was his 3 gun rig.

11. TexasVine

TexasVine

Congrats with you 6.8 SPC. Am absolutely great deer and hog rifle. Ballistics are great out of a 16 inch barrel.

[​IMG]

12. majette

majette

the millet dms-1 is a 1-4x scope with a donut and 1 moa dot. the donut and dot can be illuminated by turning the knob on the left. it serves the same purpose as an aimpoint plus a magnifier at much lower cost. so this unit is truly multi-role capable as millet says the scope is for 5 to 500yds.

13. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

I have a Stag Model 7 Hunter in 6.8mm SPC, and am very impressed with both the gun and cartridge.

Ammo cost is not a problem if you are really using the rifle, and not just punching paper at warp speed to make empty cases.

(I can't agree that mags for 6.8mm are a problem. I have a great many 6.8m SPC mags in 5-, 10-, 15-, 20- , 25-, and 30-round capacities, variously from Stag, C-products, and Barrett, and the only mags that were not 100% feeders right out of the box were one early C-Products 20-rounder with the old-style follower, and a bad batch of PRI 25-round waffle-mags that had to be replaced by PRI for sticky/dragging followers.

I defy anyone to try a 30-round Barrett mag in 6.8 and tell me it's not the highest-quality mag they've ever used. Pricey maybe, but worth it.)

-ET

14. Randolph da man

Randolph da man

well,
    I actually have a Noveske 6.8 on order :tongueout:
    but, sometimes I really need an explaination on all the crap clamped on the rails :whistling:
    they dont seem to have much rhyme or reason at times

15. phxfa

phxfa

Which model? I bought there 'Rogue Hunter' with the V-Tac style forend and really,really, like it. :cool:

16. Randolph da man

Randolph da man

thats it, it looks about perfect for my needs. This will be a pure hunting rig.
    Sheri says they should be listed soon, they were running barrels last week.
    what optics are you running ?
    I was curious as to how a bipod would attach, if so desired.

17. phxfa

phxfa

I bought the upper with the blem lower when they first came out, Geissele trigger, Stag LPK and an LMT SOPMOD, Magpul MIAD. Troy builds the forend/rail and has attachments available for bipods and other accessories.
    For optics right now Im going to use either my Accupoint TR24G or my NightForce 1x4x24 for my pig hunt this May at Wild River.
    Your going to love how fast/light it points and shoots. Sub M.O.A. groups with SSA 85gr Barnes loads with mild recoil. Let us know how you like it!

18. desertfox

desertfox <font color="red">Suspended</font>

nice looking rig. I have played with 6.8 a far amount.....but just can't quite bring myself to getting one. I have other rifles that can fill that arena well enough, and it would just be another caliber I have to reload....trying to limit the number of stuff I am already reloading for......but the side of me that wants one AR in every caliber wants one....

19. Randolph da man

Randolph da man

okay,
    order placed today for the Rogue Hunter Upper.
    I have a Geissele SSA sitting in the safe waiting to install in another Noveske complete upper Ive had, Im thinking I'll move a TR24G over to try out for this.
    It sounds like you and I will have pretty similar killing machines :D

I'll add pics when I get it all together.
    tell me more about the Troy attachments for the upper.

20. phxfa

phxfa

Look on Troys site, I only bought a QD adapter for a sling so far, dont really need a light or any tacticool crap for this platform, trying to keep it light and tight. Im still swapping optics around. Cant believe the optics Ive accumulated :shocked: