close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to Manila, where to shoot?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by threeputtwash, Dec 15, 2004.

1. threeputtwash

threeputtwash

Hi there all,
    I'm new to Manila. I was actually born in Manila, but went to SoCal when I was 3. Now that I just moved back (two months ago), can anyone tell me where there is a nice indoor range in Metro Manila?

And while we're at it, can anyone tell me briefly the rules/regulations of owning firearms in the PI? I'm from California, so it's GOT to be better here!

Getting adjusted to life here is going to be realllly hard. I sure miss my G34....and the rest of my babies!

Thanks for your help,
    -ThreePuttWash

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

threeput,

welcome home and welcome to bogs!:)

1. where do you stay in Manila?

2. on firearm ownership: only filipino citizens are allowed to own. although i see foreign shooters here on level 3 shoots. i'm not so sure how the ownership thing was resolved there,. maybe the senior bogs like eye cutter or allegra can shed more light into this.

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

I suppose non-filipino citizens competing in local matches use borrowed guns. They can also have their guns licensed in another name, I guess someone close to them or someone they can trust....like me. ;f

4. julianz

julianz toxic master

5. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Wow. Just when I thought everybody's moving out of the country...

Seriously, welcome to the BOGs, three!:)

You'll find a lot of help here settling in your new home. Feel free to ask anything Manila or Philippines-related questions. We boast of an extremely diverse BOG membership base in terms of professional and geographical backgrounds.

Welcome!

6. vega

vega

Foreign shooters can bring their firearms but on a limited time only. Ownership for foreigners are not allowed. If you want to compete join the BOGs and they'll give you a helping hand.

Now BOGs, let's police ourselves and not put tpw here in trouble.

tpw - Sad to say, owning firearms here in Cali for non-immigrant is a lot lot better than the law back there in PR. The law here states that non-immigrants could own/purchase firearms as long as they produced the necessary requirements needed by the state and ATF. I should now, I just talked to them yesterday. Not only that but I downloaded all materials from their website.

I don't know if you're entitled to dual citizenship, if you are then you could buy one.

Good luck.
    vega

7. agentrod

agentrod

Welcome back to the Phils.

What part of Manila are you in? If you're near Makati, there's Makati Cinema Square along Pasong Tamo, 2 indoor ranges there (Jethro and Northstar) the former has better ventilation. Jethro also has other indoor ranges in Alabang (Festival mall) and in Quezon City area. Visit their website JETHRO

HTH

8. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I once asked an American shooting next to me at Northstar how did he buy his gun, and he said the security guys at his company (he is just temporarily posted here) arranged the purchase ; he just uses the gun (in his case it was a CZ-75 Compact) while here. He carries it around. Maybe there is some special dispensation possible if a company gets involved? After all this publicity about terrorist attacks on foreigners, well, maybe there are ways....

9. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

With the right connections and the right circumstances there is ALWAYS a way :)

10. threeputtwash

threeputtwash

Actually, I have dual citizenship.
    And I'm living in Manila.

I really appreciate your guy's help here.

Where's Makati Cinema Square? Is that near Glorietta?
    Still trying to get my bearings around here. So far, I only know Greenhills Shopping Center, Glorietta/Greenbelt, and Rockwell. :)

Oh...and another thing, if you guys can shed some light here...
    I met a girl in Boracay two months ago. :)
    Unfortunately, girls here seem to be ALOT different than the girls in the States. (Or maybe it's just her? hahaha!)
    Christmas is coming, and I don't know what to get her???

We don't go out a lot (she's always busy), but we do keep in daily contact.
    Someone mentioned the standard Christmas card, flowers, and chocolates? Does that work here in the Philippines?

Thanks again guys!

11. vega

vega

Then there's no reason why you cannot buy one.

vega

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

makati cinema square is just a cab away from glorietta.

for the girl, depends on the intensity. flowers is a safe bet

13. gunfool

gunfool

nothing to worry, the bogs will take care of your girl.;e kidding... welcome back and enjoy your stay ;f

14. jundeleon

jundeleon

I am just wondering aloud.

No intention to skirt our local laws here but: if you look Filipino, and you put on your application for FA license that you are Filipino, even if you actually are a foreigner or if you have dual citizenship, do we expect the PNP FED (firearms and explosives division) to actually double check the citizenship of the applicant?

In addition, documentary requirements of FA licensing can be easily produced by the gun store, such as residence certificate, clearances, etc.

This reminds me of a news feature (on Probe, i think) many years back on a blind man which was able to get a drivers license from the Land Transportation Office in Tayuman.

On MCS: two indoor ranges, many gunstores, and N-sh-

On girlfriend: maybe flowers or a red Honda Jazz for starters . . .

15. gunfool

gunfool

On girlfriend: maybe flowers or a red Honda Jazz for starters . . . [/B][/QUOTE] and condo unit;f

16. threeputtwash

threeputtwash

and condo unit;f [/B][/QUOTE]

Hahaha!
    Thanks guys! But I don't think I want to go that route... ;f

17. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

As for the girl: With the right connections and the right circumstances there is ALWAYS a way. ;f But flowers and sokoleyts are winners ;)

18. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

She must've mentioned something that she's interested in above all the topics of your daily conversation.

If you go this route, it's indirectly telling her that you're listening to what she's saying, however how trivial. Generally, girls love and notice that in a guy. That's a plus point for you.

Good luck!

19. vega

vega

You're right, he could get away with that but (knock on wood) supposing something unforeseen happens and an investigation is required...they will eventually find out that he's not legally suppose to own a firearm.

I think there was also a feature about a blind man getting a firearm license.

20. BinLurking

BinLurking Your Phone

Don't worry about the girl, you are her ticket out. ENJOY!