Glock Talk banner

Glock 36 shot or not?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Patrick, I go by Decomp or Decompression.

I am new to Glock talk as well as Glock's in general, let me explain. I've always had a thing against glock's, not for performance, but primarily for price and ascetics. DON'T get me wrong, when I own, carry, and use a fire arm i prefer it to work. I have just found that Ruger's and other inexpensive fire arms do the same, on par if not better than the expensive overlord's of the corporate world.

However, and this is what brings me here, I have just purchased my first Glock. NOW i acquired a Glock 36 from a good friend of mine for $100.00 cash. Quite frankly i think its an excellent deal and may even bring me into the world of Glock's further depending on how it preforms and feels while shooting. Came with two magazines (standard 6 rnd in the .45ACP) not even sure if they make larger ones. I have yet to shoot it, I will be taking it out this Wednesday.

I am sure this was probably a rude introduction to this site, yet i feel that it is better to be honest that to be fake.
I look forward to my time in this community and quite possibly developing a love for yet another brand of fire arm.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
I am sure this was probably a rude introduction to this site, yet i feel that it is better to be honest that to be fake.
Help me find another G36 for a hundred bucks and we'll forget about you being rude.

FWIW, I quit the 1911 to come over to Glock. How do you think I feel? :supergrin::supergrin:

· Registered
45,276 Posts
You're free to like or dislike what you want. Many here like Glocks.

Welcome to GT.

· Registered
69 Posts
Welcome! If for whatever reason you do not like the 36, I'll pay you double to take it off your hands! Enjoy your time here and hopefully you switch to the Glock side!

· Just sayin'
4,680 Posts
What a great price for a Glock 36. I wish I had friends that would sell me $100 Glock pistols. You're sure it's not stolen? Ha! Just joking!

I would keep the Glock 36 and shoot it...a lot. You might find you will like it. I sold all my Sig Sauer pistols and got more Glock pistols to add to my arsenal. Glock pistols are easy to work with and maintain not to mention they are accurate. Good luck, enjoy your pistol, and be safe.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome. Many find the G36 excellent for concealed carry. We are among those. The G36 hides and shoots very well. It is not necessarily a preferred range piece, owing to significant recoil. The G36 is not beloved by all. Recommend you shoot yours for a bit and decide. You may like it. If no, at the price you paid you should be able to double or even triple your investment.

We trudge on.

· NRA Benefactor
4,679 Posts
In 1988 I bought a Glock because I couldn't afford the Sig or Smith on the approved guns list. The idea was to use the Glock until I could afford the Sig. That never happened. Even though I started with a anti-Glock chip on my shoulder my Glock won me over. I still have it. I carry another Glock to this day. I have several Glocks now. I am a die-hard Glockman! Welcome here!

· Banned
6,834 Posts
You probably could have talked the guy down to $90 if you had really tried. :)

· M62/76
14,798 Posts
Welcome! Hell of a deal on the 36! Not a G-36 guy myself but yours may well be the "gateway drug" that leads to a few other Glock models. With very few exceptions, for the last 10+ years I've always carried a Glock or a J-frame S&W

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a good deal to me. If you like sub compact 45 ACP pistols it's a keeper.
I like 1911 style pistols myself but to each their own.
Howdy and Welcome to GT :welcome:

I have actually been more of a .40 man myself, My friend is leaving the country and could not take his pistol with him. So i asked what he wanted for it. (he was just gonna go sell it to a pawn shop, I will defiantly put it to better use) not to mention my primary interests has always been long guns, however i do believe in a good side arm. my other pistols include .38 special SN(2), SR40c, and a HP25A for plinking.

· Registered
121 Posts
Welcome. My son gave me his g22 years back - and as they say, the rest is history. Enjoy your 36.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.