New to GT, have a question about carry in SC

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by droid, Feb 6, 2010.

1. droid

droid

This is my first post on GT. I have been reading the posts here for a long time though, and I really enjoy the info presented here. I tried searching for a post relating to my question but couldn't find one. I was trying to find out if it is legal to carry in the Bi-Lo center in Greenville, SC. According to the SC laws I could find it should be unless the center is posted. Any info anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

Good to go unless posted, as long as you have your CHP.

3. luckydogsc

luckydogsc

If they serve on premise alcohol it is illegal in SC to carry into the building.

4. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

It's been a long time since I've gone there (and I live about 3 miles from it) but they do have a no weapons policy posted. Now weather or not their signs meet State requirements is another matter. I for one don't want to argue with the G'ville city police over that point. They do serve beer so that probably trumps any sign issues.

5. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

If the signs don't meet statutory criteria they are unenforceable. If alcohol is served at the Bi-Lo Center you are prohibited under 16-23-465, though if consumption is limited to a specific area (i.e. a bar within the Bi-Lo Center) you should be good to go.

6. droid

droid

Thanks everyone for the info