New to GT/ Glock nightsight ?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by floorburn_21, Mar 1, 2010.

1. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 Medium speed, some drag.

Hi, I am new to GT and just bought my G27 Sunday. I have been reading the forums for days and couldn't post so I am kind of a ministalker for you ladies and gents. I have been shooting for 13 years (I'm 21) and have a few :innocent: firearms. I've heard a lot of opinions on nightsights and I am leaning towards yellow back and green front, tritium sights. Anybody have opinions on this?

2. zeke66

zeke66

I don't know Jacque about night sights, except that I just bought a used G17 that already had the Glock NS on it. They're fairly bright and I can see where they could be of some use in a panicked, low-light situation. I wouldn't have paid for 'em though. I'd say look at some and get whatever color/kind you like. Or don't....

3. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

I moved your post to the sights forum...

Welcome!

4. floorburn_21

Thanks for helping out the new guy Mark

5. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

I have an opinion about green/front yellow/rear and it's very favorable!! Check out Ameriglo for this setup. Many people will recommend their Pro Operator setup. The front green tritium sight is outlined with a white PVC ring. The rear is a Novak style sight that sits more flush with the rear of the gun and doesn't have the white outlines. In the day this contrast makes it easy to pick up the front sight and in the dark you have the green/yellow contrast. Best of both worlds!

Ameriglo Pro Operator Front sight - .125" wide
    [​IMG]

Ameriglo Pro Operator Rear sight - .180" wide
    [​IMG]

I know, I know, it's not a Glock but gives a good example of the day contrast.
    [​IMG]

I have a bunch of other pics here of my setup: Ameriglo Pro Operators + ProGlo Front
    Oh and use "grady" or gssf" coupon codes on Ameriglo's site and get 20% off!

^^ike

6. floorburn_21

Thanks a lot! I'm probably ordering that setup tonight then!

7. G19aps

G19aps

I love the green/yellow regular Operators. The front edge of the rear sight can be used for one handed manipulation if necessary by catching it on your belt, shoe, etc.

8. TOMMYT22

TOMMYT22 Average Fellow

I have a G22RTF2 and these are the night sights I am set on. I just can't decide between the Pro and the Pro operator. I know the Pro operator does not have the white outline on the rear, but I am used to having the white on the rears. How hard will it be to get used to?
    thanks. Tom:dunno: