close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEW TO GLOCKTALK!!! Question for 357 fans

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bruce21b, Sep 18, 2004.

1. bruce21b

bruce21b

Hello Everyone :)

My name is Bruce B from Lexington, KY

Im new to the forum. I have a Glock 32 and absolutely LOVE this gun, which I use for CCW. I believe this is one of the best (and most fun) rounds ever made. When I go to the range and shoot I always get at least one "WOW, what the heck is that" reaction from one of my fellow shooters!!

I have a question for you guys, has anyone tried the cor bon 125 grain load??? I tried a box of those and it was like shooting a flamethrower with a flash-bang grenade attached to it!!! the first round i fired made me JUMP out of my skin!!!! along with a THUNDEROUS BOOM came a massive fireball from the muzzle end, the likes I have seen with 357 mag revolvers and 44 mags. I regularly shoot the speer gold dot 125 gr and the winchester 125 gr FMJ which are nowhere near as brutal as the Cor bon load. Has anyone else experienced this with the cor-bons??

I have always been impresed with cor bon and when i was carrying my G26 used their 115 gr jhp exclusively for carry, but i think i will stick with the speer gold dots for carry in my 32.

Also, my carry rig is a galco concealment holster with mag carrier and belt, which works really good for me....

Happy Glocking to all!!!!;a

2. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

I used to carry the corbon 125 JHP but in some informal testing it always would fragment.
    I have found the speer gold dot and ranger T series to be more consistant as well.

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

;F
    I like the Gold Dot Speer or ProLoad.

4. GLOCKMASTER

GLOCKMASTER Mean Ass

We have tried three different commercial loads. Winchester, Remington and now Gold Dot, in that order. The Gold Dots have been the best performers as well as having the best quality control. We have seen upside down primers to projectiles turned upside down. We haven't seen this from Speer. I carry it as a duty load and I carry it in my off duty weapon which is a G32. No other than Gold Dot will do for me.

5. Donut Gestapo

Donut Gestapo

I, personally, have had great success with CorBon loads over the years. The 115gr load that I carry in my G33's have all chronoed very consistant. But, so have the Winchester and Speer GD 125gr's I have tested.

6. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

I have a 32--i choose golddot.

7. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

I am not much for the Corbons. I try to stick to ammo that has low flash for self-defence. Speer Gold-Dots seem to work just fine for that.