Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm new to the forumand i just bought my first glock the other day, a used 27 and i really like it. i did have one issue that confused me, the 9 round magazine without pinky extension (which i plan to cc) has a really hard time going in with a closed slide when loaded with 9 rounds and the slide is very hard to rack when loaded with the full 9 rounds in the magazine. i do plan on carrying 9 plus one but i'm scared the slide will get hung up after the first round is fired due to the tightness on the magazine fit. should i be concerned or is this normal? i did put 150 rounds through the gun with no issues and but i only loaded this mag with the slide already opened at the range. thanks for the answers in advance guys.

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
...this normal? i did put 150 rounds through the gun with no issues and but i only loaded this mag with the slide already opened at the range. thanks for the answers in advance guys.
Perfectly normal. Everytime I get a new Glock or new mags, I keep the mags fully loaded and leave them loaded for a week. I've never had any feeding issues since. Try this and shoot as much as 500 rounds and see if there's any improvements.

Welcome to the Glock family.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm sure the 27 owners will be along soon, but what you're describing doesn't sound remarkable to me.

I own a 26, and of course it requires more effort to rack the slide with a full mag than an empty one. Never had a problem with it.

·
20,407 Posts
Just go out and shoot your new pistol. It will restore your confidence.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My G27 is exactly in that same condition, It's only about a months old but never caused an issue.....If my slide is closed & insert Mag, I Doube Tap the bottom of the Mag(with authority) & no problem... My 1996 G26 goes in with little force.:supergrin:

·
Florist
20,006 Posts
Smoke-wagon stated his was a used G27. But is the magazine new or new springs recently put in? In any case, sounds normal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Perfectly normal. Everytime I get a new Glock or new mags, I keep the mags fully loaded and leave them loaded for a week. I've never had any feeding issues since. .

+1

It gives them a good break-in.... no problems with my 27 , or I would not carry it.

·
SPACE ALIEN
110 Posts
I carry a 27 and same thing here. No problems ever. Good little guns.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
:welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, i feel a little better about it now. i did purchase the gun used but recently refurbished by the factory with a new frame and slide refinished so maybe it was made tight again. as i stated this is my first glock and i must say i'm very very impressed. i do own a few colts, rugers, and a smith and wesson and i have to say the quality is up to par with far more expensive brands, the only problem is i have a long list of accessories to buy that will triple the price i paid for the pistol :supergrin:. thanks for the welcome as well.

·
just me
8,179 Posts
ok, i feel a little better about it now. i did purchase the gun used but recently refurbished by the factory with a new frame and slide refinished so maybe it was made tight again. as i stated this is my first glock and i must say i'm very very impressed. i do own a few colts, rugers, and a smith and wesson and i have to say the quality is up to par with far more expensive brands, the only problem is i have a long list of accessories to buy that will triple the price i paid for the pistol :supergrin:. thanks for the welcome as well.
like what ? save you cash and buy ammo that is all you need and some good nite sites AND WELCOME TO GT :wavey:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Some "experts" like Larry Vickers say in any Glock you should load up the mag one round short because it saves the mag springs from premature wear. I don't do it. I load to full capacity and even my G29 mags (standard 10rnd and 15rnd G20mags) do the same thing you're explaining.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it has the tru glo night sights and i'll definately put a few hundred rounds down the pipe before i buy more stuff for it but i need a nice iwb like milt sparks VMII and i was thinkin a set of ctc laser grips as well as a hi cap 30 round extended mag :upeyes: dont ask why ... because i don't know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts