close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nmorrill, Oct 23, 2002.

1. nmorrill

nmorrill

Hi,

Bought a G22 used this past weekend, my first Glock. Range tested with a 100 rounds and it goes bang, shoots strait, and had 0 FTE or FTF, just as I had expected. I called Glock USA to get a owner's manual so one is coming, but where else can I get some good summary info' on Glocks (their web site is pretty sparse). This forum is great, I just joined, but is there someplace to go to jumpstart my "Glock literacy" (e.g. parts, accessories, capabilities...saw another post which seems to indicate you can convert G22 for .357 or 9mm also?)?

I've picked up a bit here and there by tooling around this forum, but at this point, I don't know what I don't know, so I'm not sure what to ask. A little help in getting familiarized would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Ookster

Ookster

Howdy nmorrill.

Glockmeister and Top Glock have lots of good info on glocks. Both sites also contain step by step info on how to completely detail strip your gun for parts upgrades/replacement. They also have a wide selection of accessories at good prices.

You might also try the Glock FAQ for more technical info.

I think you'll really like your G22. That was my first Glock as well and I love it. I bought a .357sig barrel from Glockmeister which is a fun, fast round to shoot. If your G22 has the reinforced 3rd generation frame, all you need is a .357 barrel and you're ready to go. You can even use your .40 magazines, they feed .357 just fine.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the G22.

Ookster

3. nmorrill

nmorrill

Thanks,

I wandered over to Glockmeister and found some info' on the replacement barrel.

If I could impose, how do I determine whether my frame is 3rd generation?

Based on what I saw at Glockmeister, it seems like I can end up with a .357 Sig piece as well for less than $200, which seems like a terrific deal to me.

Thanks for responding so quickly to a newbie.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The 3rd Generation frame has fingergrips.:) The non-fingergrip frames to not have the added reinforcement necessary for .357Sig ammo.

5. nmorrill

nmorrill

Thanks,

I believe I have one of the older models. That's not so bad. I guess I'll just have to save up for a G31, probably a new one so I can accomplish the conversion in the other direction if I so desire.

Thanks again

6. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

NUFF SAID;P

7. nmorrill

nmorrill

Thanks to all of you.

Lot's of reading and learning to do.

Have a great weekend