Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me John Browning, for I have sinned. I bought a friend for your beloved 1911 design. The Glock 30sf. Hey, at least it's the round you designed! Anyway, haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I plan on going friday. The previous owner got rid of it because it didn't fit his hands, but told me it had no problems in the 70 rounds that he fired through it. I'm taking along my precious MC Operator just so she doesn't run away when I take the glock to the range. Now I just need to track down some more ammo... :D

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
The 30 is a great .45acp platform. I too fought the urge years ago being a diehard 1911 shooter. The 30 was like picking up and holding a 2x4. Now 11 GLOCKs later my 1911's collect dust :embarassed:

Will be picking up #12 Wednesday night. :wow:

·
GTDS FOR LIFE
10,587 Posts
Congrats on that. The g30sf is an excellent firearm. Your gonna love it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I could be wrong about this but weren't the original Hi-Powers made in 9mm?
Also made in Belgium?

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
The Hi-Power did use a cam lock design. Browning died in 1926 and the Hi-Power wasn't introduced until 1935. There has been a lot of conjecture that the P35 9mm pistol design wasn't actually done by Browning. The Glock is more like the H&K USP series and the S&W locking system is also similar. The Glock (and SIG and others) did away with needing to machine locking lugs, in the top of barrel and in the slide. I thought using the ejection port, in a pistol for lockup was pure genius. Glock, thankfully, didn't have any need for a magazine disconnect safety. The 9mm caliber and a double stack magazine are about the only things the Glock has in common with the P35, other than barrel, frame and other stuff required to make a pistol. The Glock and the Hi-Power both, did away with a barrel bushing, in the slide. The only feature that the P35 and Glock have in common, is the caliber.

Welcome to GT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts