close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to Glock Talk, have a repair question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by internal, Feb 10, 2006.

1. internal

internal

Sorry that my first post is me asking a question but I need some help with my Glock.

Glock's usually have been so good to me but my third glock purchase has been giving me some problems.

This one is a Gen2 Glock 19 and I've been having some trigger and extraction issues.

The trigger feels like it's real heavy all of sudden.

It felt OK when I bought it but after putting some round through it it's became REALLY heavy and there was a point in which pulling the trigger did nothing at all and then all of sudden it was working again but real heavy.

Also, my glock isn't extracting correctly. Some of the rounds will hit me in the head and some won't even find their way out of the action.(Sounds like my Kimber I need to get rid of)

Can I send this gun to glock and they can fix it?
    How much will it be roughly for glock to put a couple hours of time into it?

Anyone know their number?

Thx for the help everyone, I'm really excited to get this gun functioning. It really is a diamond in rough.
    I think because it's sat for so long alot of the springs and what not are not functioning correctly.

THX for the help!

2. Dolomite

Dolomite Glock Bhagwan

The Amazing Carnac is seeing a broken trigger pin in your gun's frame. Pop it out and inspectit. Next check to see if the safety plunger in the slide is still "springy".
    Carnac would like to shoot your gun to quickly determine whether this issue is shooter related. Carnac always like to maintain a high grip on the back of a semi-automatic to more closely align his arm bones with the axis of the bore. If there's a gap between the web of my hand and the top of the GLOCK "beavertail", it's harder to keep the frame in place while the slides moving backwards after a shot.

3. internal

internal

SO I'm assuming carnac is you and you're just speaking in the 3rd person?

;)

About my grip, I have 2 other glocks and many other handguns and I've never had a limp wrist issue before.

I can see how my kimber comment could have fueled your idea of a limp wrist but I can assure you my extraction issues in my kimber are extractor related.

Does glock service these pistols or do I have to find a local smith?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock will service it free. Call 1-770-432-1202 and ask for the warranty service department for shipping instructions.

5. Dolomite

Dolomite Glock Bhagwan

I would call around to a couple of local gun stores and see if they have any certified Glock armorers on hand. The certification doesn't really mean all that much to me - so if you're aware of just about any competent smith with experience with Glocks I wouldn't be afraid to have them look at it.

And yes, the company will take your gun in for a good shakedown, they can be contacted at:

GLOCK Inc. USA
    6000 Highlands Parkway
    Smyrna, GA 30082
    USA
    Tel.: (770) 432 1202

6. Dandapani

Dandapani

One drop of oil back there near the connector thingy...

7. internal

internal

Gentleman,

Thank you for the replys.
    I think I'm going the route of calling glock and have them service it. There could be other things that need updating that(it sounds like it) glock will not doubt service.

And dolomite, are you saying that a local gunsmith can do the same repair work glock will for free? Would they charge glock for the work done on my pistol?

THX

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I used to have a 2nd Gen G 19. I never had limp wristing issues with it and wasn't even familiar with the problem, but when my wife shot it the brass hit her in the middle of the forehead and sometimes didn't eject - she has also never had a problem with any other gun including our other 3 Glocks. My boss, who had never shot a handgun, went to the range with me and couldn't fire 3 rounds in a row without a stovepipe. I think the 19's may have had overpowered recoil springs at one time or something. Maybe they were compressing 17 springs onto 19 recoil rods??

9. internal

internal

I called glock and they told me to send it in.

A billing address or anything like that was never talked about.

Here is my letter to them in case any of you cared to see what is wrong with my glock.

Dear Sirs,

I purchased this Glock 19 Pistol from the Gun Broker Located in Portland, OR last year.
    I did not get a chance to shoot the pistol within the 1 month period in which they repair their used pistols purchased from them so it was too late to take it back to them. I then called your support line and was told to send the pistol into you guys for work.

For the record I cleaned this pistol before I took it out to shoot it for the first time and I’ve used only UMC yellow box ammo through it(put about 500 rounds through it)

I found 3 main issues with this pistol.

1. Trigger. The trigger started to feel VERY heavy as I started to shoot it for the first time. The pistol still shot but again the trigger was very heavy. Then, at the end of the shooting session the trigger got heavier then it’s ever been and then it was doing NOTHING at all. When you pulled the trigger you could tell something working, but barely at all. During this time I recall a few rounds not even firing at all. Currently the pistol started to fire again but the trigger is still very heavy.

2. Extraction/ejection issues. The entire time the pistol has been extracting very oddly for a glock. Some rounds will eject fine, some will bounce off of my forehead and some won’t eject at all. Before you say “limp wrist” I’ve owned 2 others glocks as well as shot many others and I’ve never had a glock extract rounds in this manner. Usually the glocks I’ve owned and seen put the spent brass in one general area.

3. Sights. When I purchased this pistol, the rear sight was not centered so I had him(gun smith at the gun broker) Re-center the sights but this pistol’s point of aim still seems to far to the right.
    Could you re-zero these sights to a factory zero?
    All the other glocks I’ve owned and shot always hit perfect with the factory zero.

10. jaxxx

jaxxx

is it a bad thing when a round will extract to your head?

mine does did it twice, hitting me in the forehead but never had a problem extracting

11. internal

internal

Not sure exactly, I'm no gun smith.

IMO, exjecting brass should be consisant more then anything.

If all your spent brass is in one general area, good deal.

If your brass is going in a general area then hitting you in the head then ejecting to another general area IMO there is something wrong with the extraction/ejection process or the ammo that you're using.

12. jaxxx

jaxxx

FYI the two that hit me in the head is less than 1% of the total ammo I shot, and it wasnt consecutive hits.......think its the ammo? or the gun?

13. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Its the gun... Send it to me and I will properly dispose of it. :)

ps: you worry too much... just go shoot it up. :)

14. jaxxx

jaxxx

yea I do....ok as you say,Im off to buy some ammo now to go shoot some more this week