New to Glock Talk, and Impressed with my new PM9

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lonestar.45, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Lonestar.45

Lonestar.45

Well, first off, this is my first post, and I NEVER thought I'd be joining the likes of Glock Talk. As a die hard 1911 .45 fan, the idea was blasphemy.

HOWEVER, this is the best Kahr forum I've found by far, and seeing as how I just picked up a new PM9 a week ago, this is the place for me. Hope you guys let me play along.

I picked up a Kel-Tec 3AT a few months back with the idea of getting my CHL-my class is in a week now. The Kel-Tec has been a pain--many FTF's, FTE's, etc. I have finally gotten it to run perfectly, but only with Speer Gold Dots. Anything else and it chokes. While it's reliable with that ammo, I am wanting something a little more substantial and reliable and relegate the Kel Tec to a strictly sometimes/bug gun.

I started looking around for an alternative and ran across the Kahrs. A buddy had a Mk9 for a while and I was impressed with it. I shopped around, and came home with a PM9. Stainless slide, no night sights.

I put 150 rds of WWB through it with zero hiccups over the weekend. It runs like a charm. I broke it down and cleaned/lubed it up before shooting, and then again after. I am impressed with the tightness and quality of this gun. Miles ahead of the Kel-Tec. It's very accurate for such a small package, and the recoil is not bad at all. I've got a DeSantis Nemesis on the way. I figure I'll put another 50 rds of WWB through it, then 100 or so JHP's of some type to be sure, and then it will be good to go once I get my CHL. Thanks for all the info on this forum, it helped steer me in the right direction.

2. ADDO

ADDO

I picked up a PM9 yesterday and will take it to the range tomorrow for its first test drive. Look forward to breaking it in with some ball ammo and then seeing how it does with JHP.

The action was definitely tight out of the box. I stripped it down and gave the pistol a good cleaning. Played it with it a little and can already see the improvement, just from manipulation.

Hope mine runs as well as yours seems to. I would like to make this little auto my main inside the pocket carry piece.

3. Lonestar.45

Lonestar.45

I'm sure it'll be good. I was amazed at how well built they are. My DeSantis Nemesis came in today, it fits the PM9 like a glove. It'll be a great pocket piece, with the right pants. I tried it with my Dockers and it was very comfortable.

Did you get the black slide, or stainless? I was tempted to get the black, but it seemed to me like it wouldn't wear as well.

4. ADDO

ADDO

I went with the all black finish. Was tempted by the two tone, but decided for a carry gun I wanted all black.

Looking forward to putting the PM9 through its paces tomorrow.

5. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

;F Lonestar.45 & we'll try not to hold that "die hard 1911 .45 fan" against ya... I mean we all make mistakes after all. ;f

6. ADDO

ADDO

Took my new PM9 to the range today and put 135 rounds through it. The pistol was very stiff at first. I had to lock the slide open and use the slide release to chamber rounds; slingshot loading did not work properly. After 100 rounds, I could slingshot load without problem, so it was clearly a tightness issue.

Used both Blazer and some cheap gun show ammo (American Ammo??)and both were just fine.

On the first magazine I had one failure to enter fully into battery. Just a touch on the slide put it right. On the third magazine, it happened again. After those two FTBs, everything was flawless.

Accuracy was really good. I am more accustomed to single action autos, but found I could shoot this little PM9 very well. Shots grouped quite consistently.

During the first 100 rounds, I twice had the first round hit outside the grouping made be the remainder of the rounds. That is a well known occurrence with some autos when feeding is not exactly right. That tendency disappeared after I fired the first 100 and the rest of the groups came together nicely.

Recoil was no problem nor was muzzle flip.

In sum, this PM9 is a keeper and will become my CCW once I have wrung it out a little more. It is a remarkably good shooter for such a small weapon.