New to Glock and this forum

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Buzzardsroost, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Buzzardsroost

Buzzardsroost

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to the automatic pistol world and just traded for my first glock the other day. I got a model 31 mainly because I love the .357 sig cal. of bullet, which brings me to my first question: Does the model number coincide with the cal., or frame size or what?
    I traded a Sig Pro 2340 for my glock and I must say, the glock is way more accurate. It has more recoil, but groups twice as nice. It is much more comfortable to cary also. Second question: Is there anything that I should know as far as caring for a glock as oppose to other pistols? I know that Im doing this backwards, You should research first, then buy, but so far I think I made a good choice in the Glock. Any input you guys and gals can give me is much appreciated. Buzzard

2. Dogbite

Dogbite

I have a g32,you will not be disappointed.It is a solid gun.I have shot the heck out of it,and never had a malfunction.It is accurate,reliable,and simple to clean.I use the barrel cleaning tool that came with it,and normal gun oil with q-tips to get to the small,hard to reach areas--my favorite gun to clean,its a snap!

Oh--i almost forgot the most important thing!! Get your ammo from Georgia Arms--it is very cheap,comes in bags of 50.Great stuff!!

3. Buzzardsroost

Buzzardsroost

Thanks Dogbite, I checked out Georgia Arms and your right, cheap. I just bought a case of ammo, so it will be a while before I get more, but I will check out GA when the time comes. Buzzard

P.S. I love your signature.;)

4. johnniekirk

johnniekirk

Buzzard- the Glock model numbers start at 17 and go to 39. With 17 being the first gun Glock put out. Hope that helps with your question,about model numbers. In the future you might want to see about doing a .25 cent trigger job,on your glock. Its not hard and it seems to make the trigger feel a little bit better. Don't have the link for it here, but if you do a search, you could probably come up with it. Hope this helps.

5. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Welcome and enjoy.:)

6. Buzzardsroost

Buzzardsroost

Thanks for the responses everyone. Johnie, Ill check out the trigger job now, and thanks again. Buzzard

7. PurchGuru

PurchGuru Senior Member Millennium Member

Congrats on your new family member!

GA is a good source for reasonbly priced ammo. You might also want to check out www.doubletapammo.com for the higher grade ammo. MCNETT makes some fine stuff and has been around on GT for quite awhile.

8. boze2043

boze2043

The only 2 pistals i have had in 357sig is the SIG PRO2340 and the Glock G31C. I also beleive the Glock G31 is way more accurate than the 2340 and I find it easier to carry consealed as well. The Glock also feels better when I shoot. The SIG just didn't feel like it was ballanced correctly for accurate shooting. JMO

9. fd_213

fd_213 Slowpoke

where u at in wayne co. ft. gay , greyeagle or somewhere in between , I live across the river in the blugrass .:)

10. fd_213

fd_213 Slowpoke

11. Buzzardsroost

Buzzardsroost

I am just outside of Prichard. My wife teaches at Ft. Gay elem. though. If you know where Whites Creek is, your real close. How 'bout you, fd_213? Buzzard

12. fd_213

fd_213 Slowpoke

I live in martin co. in Inez , I dumped a many a load of coal up above whites creek at w.c.r.t. and docks creek.dont get over on the wild side any more ( dont miss Rt 52 one bit ;f ).