New to Forums, being inundated with email

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by pilot5131, Feb 27, 2010.

1. pilot5131

pilot5131

My account was activated a few days ago and I received permission just a few minutes ago to post on the forums. In the last ten minutes I've received over a hundred email messages equally split between "Account Validated at Glock Talk!" and "New Private Message at Glock Talk." Is this common?

2. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

My account was approved tonight and I've had the exact same thing happen to me. I got like 50 copies of each message. I've had to set up a special gmail filter just to deal with it.

Great forum BTW, I'm really excited I'm finally approved!

3. pilot5131

pilot5131

Okay, at least it's not just me. :)

4. anchorage

anchorage

5. thomasb

thomasb

Same here....I registered over a week ago and finally received the activation. All of this after being a member for over a year and a half, several transactions and over a hundred posts....decided to change my email...well, my original id never restored to the point where I could post, pm, anything....just view......definately something going on here.......

6. TecheTitan

TecheTitan

Mods, please check on this because I am having the same issue. Once my account was activated I have been flooded with emails and PM's on the site....something is wrong!

7. robbran144

robbran144 FF/EMT

have to goto user cp and change email notifications

8. thomasb

thomasb

True...that will work...but there is still something up...shouldn't have to take this step if everything was working as it sould...

however.....good info for those new to the site that are experiencing this issue

9. Exodus.

Exodus.

I got nearly 65 hear, still coming on a regular basis. Tried to reply to the mods to have it fixed. I ended up giving up and changing the email settings. Hopefully someone will move the paper weight off the send button in the next few days.

10. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Eric (the site owner) posted in another thread that he's sorry about the tons of emails. He's been doing some updating and he's trying to narrow down and solve the problem.

11. pyro6999

pyro6999

me too i had 70 of them