New to forum and question g26 or p365.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Cdems, Feb 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cdems

Cdems

Hello I'm new to the forum.I have a g19 for home defense. I ccw a g43 with a plus 1. I am restricted by my state to 10+1 capacity. I would like to move up in capacity to 10+1. I was thinking of the g26 or the p365. I am on a wait list for the p365. I in theory could have one as early as March or a g26 any time. My question is (with my state capacity in mind) what would you do g 26 or p365. I have ccw'ed for 15ish years everyday for 6 years. Before I had the g43 I had the g27 but I wanted 9mm. Concealment is huge for me but I like the g26 platform. I love my 43 too and am not getting rid of it. Thoughts?( oh and I'm not moving lol)

DonHommy and Capt. H like this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Go with a G26...

3. Taco Junkie

Taco Junkie Practically a saint

I believe I read manufacturing has been suspended on the P365? Not sure the if that's correct or what the issue is but worth checking out before diving in.

The 26 would seem to be a natural fill in between what you have.

USSOCOM, dp509, kd4jvg and 5 others like this.
  4. TeaDub

TeaDub

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds as if you are satisfied with the Glock platform for the time being. Likewise, you seem intrigued by the new 365. I'd personally wait to buy either the 26 or 365 until you get a chance to rent/borrow the new Sig. Then you'll know before spending the money.

OR....go with the correct GT answer. Get the 26 now and then add a 365 a few months down the road. ;)

5. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

There is many different guns for many different people. You need to try both and probably others. Find what works for you.

6. powernoodle

powernoodle

Glocktalk will tell you get the Glock. Sigforum will tell you to get the Sig. They are both right.

I own just about every gun I could possible want. But I expect to end up carrying the P365 when I can get my hands on one. 10+1 in a gun just slightly smaller than a 43 will be hard to beat for EDC - especially if you carry a lot and shoot bad guys very little.

[​IMG]

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

So a more expensive and possibly defective Sig, or a more reliable and well-tested Glock that will also work with your Glock 19 magazines.

I'm not sure how that even gets to be a question you need to ask. Seems pretty obvious to me.

RayMich, Bnd2003, dp509 and 3 others like this.
  8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

No, there's more to it than opinion - the Sig is an objectively wrong choice for 2 or 3 different reasons.

G7 likes this.
  9. Surtur

Surtur

a giant turd bucket that doesnt work right out of the box and the company hoped no one would notice.

or a glock 26

easy decision.

10. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

G26 and the P365 are pretty different thickness wise for carry. Of the two, G26. Walther PPS is absolutely amazing too. Give them a look, trigger is awesome and no issues like the 365 is having. About the same size as the 365

jeffrey morgan likes this.
  11. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

12. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Don't get the Sig until Sig works out the problems with the P365. Apparently they had to "Pause" production because of reports coming back about failures to return to battery and other problems.

Get a G26. and then do like I'm going to do and wait at least 6-7 months until you know for sure that Sig has fixed the problems with the gun and/or improved their quality control.

A Glock 26 is a proven design that is 100 percent reliable. Glock magazines are also 100 per cent reliable. The Glock 26 is chunky and a little harder to conceal so you could keep your Glock 43 if that were a problem.

Then once the Sigs have proved beyond a doubt to be 100 percent reliable, buy the Sig but don't sell the Glock until you've put a couple of hundred rounds through the Sig.

dp509, dondavis3, Taco Junkie and 6 others like this.
  13. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Lots of variables. If concealment is truly "huge" for you, waiting 6 months for the 365 could yield an amazingly small 10+1 option.

But if you want something now, a G26 is the way to go.

You have a lot of overlap in the Glocks (not bad, just overlap). If I had a G19 and a G43, I wouldn't feel a strong need for something in between (I'd light carry the G43, and enjoy the G19 at the range or for home defense). The G26 would not fit either role as well for me, and would sit in the safe. Having said that, the G26 is a good, reliable gun.

It boils down to what you want. You already have a 365-sized gun in the G43 (you just don't have the capacity), so you won't gain much with either a 365 or a G26. And the 365 needs some refinement and work...

I would wait to see how the 365 turns out if it were me, and if waiting is an option. I wouldn't be in a huge rush to fill the space between the G43 and G19. I have gotten rid of G26 and sub-XD's because they never got carried (if I could comfortably carry that, carrying a VP9 or G19-sized gun was fine, too...). Smaller guns for smaller carry, and if a chunk the width of a G26 could be carried, lots of other options got selected (340PD, VP9, etc.). That is my personal bias.

Having said that, if you want something RIGHT NOW, unless you are prepared to deal with the bumps the 365 is going to have, I wouldn't rush into a 365. I suspect at least one trip to the factory will be in order (if not more), and that is a hassle.

Unless a 1911, VP9SK or some other gun tickle your fancy, your options are to wait many months for a significant reduction in size with 10 rounds to become reliable, or buy a G26 now and see if you carry it or shoot it over the G43 and G19 (or if it sits in your safe). Both work, now we get to see what you prefer.

14. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

You can get access to a G26 anytime you want, go down to your LGS and see if it conceals the way you want.

If it conceals for your needs (both size and weight), I think the question is a no brainer, get the G26. It is a proven platform, holds the exact same number of rounds, why wait?

My next gun will be a P365, but only because it might fill a roll two guns fill for me right now and put more "every" in EDC. I won't know for sure on the might part until I have road tested it for a lot of rounds and carried then for a lot longer. I know the G26 runs like a top, it just doesn't fit in every carry mode for my needs.

That is how I look at it,

timmay, cousbud, dp509 and 8 others like this.
  15. Mister X

Mister X

I agree with sticking with the G26 for now. It's proven.

Time will tell about the Sig, but I think it would be a great option for many if it eventually is shown to be reliable and demonstrate long term durability. For those limited to 10 rounds or someone wanting to take a minimalist approach, I think it could even serve a dual purpose role of carry/home defense adequately. The Sig is very interesting, but I wouldn't even consider it at the current time.

16. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I would handle both and make my own mind up.

cousbud likes this.
  17. -JCN-

-JCN-

1. Keep the G43
    2. Sell the G19
    3. Get a G26 to replace it. If it was just for home defense, then you can upfit a G26 to be almost like a G19. With a threaded barrel, a G26 has almost the same barrel length as a G19.
    4. Wait until the P365 is reliable and well tested.
    5. Then replace the G43 with it and then you’ll have a P365, a G26 and you can add something else for home defense like a G34 MOS with a red dot.
    I have a P365 and absolutely love it. I shoot it better than a G43 and about as well as a G26 which I was not expecting. Mine has been reliable, but waiting until I get an upgraded one to compare and to start carrying it.

Robert Estrada, Sendarr and WeeWilly like this.
  18. nmglock

nmglock

Since I work in LGS I have held both. The sig being new and now having barrel problems, I would go with the G26 hands down. Until the P365 has been out for a while I would stay away from it

cousbud, Bnd2003, dp509 and 6 others like this.
  19. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

If you like Glocks get the G26.

It was designed for the 10+1, to be as small and reliable as such a carry gun could be. Great success, none better.

From a practical viewpoint, you should have a Ruger LCP .380, G43, and G26. Pick the one you can CCW that day, never needing to go without a gun :)

dp509, mrmike7189 and G19 fan like this.
  20. SH10151

SH10151

Get the g26. It's been my EDC for over a year now.

I use the factory gen 4 beavertail to mitigate slide bite an I put on Pearce gen 4 floorplate grip extensions (no increased capacity).

As far as I am concerned it is the perfect balance of a compact lightweight gun that can still be shot very accurately.

If you want add-ons, consider a TLR-6 and/or night sights.

ChTony and dp509 like this.